Non-availability of birth certificate -- need help!

q2w3e4

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I need to provide the 'Non-availability of birth certificate' for my father (78 years) for whom I am submitting a I-130+I-485 together. I am a US citizen and petitioner. He was born in what is now in Pakistan after partition in 1947. He moved to India in 1947. He has been living in Maharashtra, India last 50+ years. An attempt to get a non-availability certificate from local municipal office was unsuccessful/ denied. His birth date and place is reflected in his passport and DOB is also mentioned in his service leaving certificate from a Govt. office. No school record unfortunately. We also have affidavits made in support of proof of birth but missing the non-availability document which based on posts here, is a requirement. I applied to Indian consulate and instead of issuing me a Non-availability certificate (which I specifically asked) they just issued me a birth certificate with details from the passport. It does say that prior to 1969 registrations of birth was not compulsory and it is not always possible to obtain certificates. I am sure there would be people out there that have faced this issue. How should I go about resolving this matter? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Hi,

I need to provide the 'Non-availability of birth certificate' for my father (78 years) for whom I am submitting a I-130+I-485 together. I am a US citizen and petitioner. He was born in what is now in Pakistan after partition in 1947. He moved to India in 1947. He has been living in Maharashtra, India last 50+ years. An attempt to get a non-availability certificate from local municipal office was unsuccessful/ denied. His birth date and place is reflected in his passport and DOB is also mentioned in his service leaving certificate from a Govt. office. No school record unfortunately. We also have affidavits made in support of proof of birth but missing the non-availability document which based on posts here, is a requirement. I applied to Indian consulate and instead of issuing me a Non-availability certificate (which I specifically asked) they just issued me a birth certificate with details from the passport. It does say that prior to 1969 registrations of birth was not compulsory and it is not always possible to obtain certificates. I am sure there would be people out there that have faced this issue. How should I go about resolving this matter? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

You can pay some money at the local municipal office and they will issue you one in india. It is not abig deal to get the cewrtificate. I just got it done. Unfortunately you must have it.You can try other certificate,the one issued by indian counsilate is not that strong

Birth Certificate?

Do we need to provide Birth Certificates for USC and immigrant both?
Is it mandatory? Passports won't do?:confused:

You can pay some money at the local municipal office and they will issue you one in india. It is not abig deal to get the cewrtificate. I just got it done. Unfortunately you must have it.You can try other certificate,the one issued by indian counsilate is not that strong

Format for the letter please?

Appreciate the response.

What should be the content for the non-availability letter given the particular circumstances in my case? Would appreciate all contributions especially those that have had similar circumstances (born in United India).

Thanks again.

Appreciate the response.

What should be the content for the non-availability letter given the particular circumstances in my case? Would appreciate all contributions especially those that have had similar circumstances (born in United India).

Thanks again.

The certificate comes in a standard form I think it is form 10, When you go to the municipal office and ask them for non availability of BC they will tell you.