Nominate Don Neufeld for Ombudsman's Annual Report to Congress

kashmir

Registered Users (C)

Project Ocean E-MAIL Campaign #8b
to Mr. Prakash Khatri
the Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman at DHS

Target Number = 30
The project Kashmir weekend report of 4/4/2004 will not be posted unless this target number meets.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112045&perpage=15&pagenumber=4#post713975

DHS OMBUDSMAN SPELLS OUT PLANS FOR KINDER, MORE EFFICIENT IMMIGRATION SERVICE
As part of his functions as Ombudsman under the Homeland Security Act, he is to make an annual report to Congress, that spells out the problems or issues that were not solved, the name of the specific officer at CIS who did not solve it, and why that officer did not solve it. This is a very important function, as CIS officers, whether inside or outside the U.S., will be more responsive, since they would not want to have their name in his report to Congress, showing that they did not, or could not, solve a particular problem (or they were, in fact, the cause of the problem).
Let's nominate CSC Director Don Neufeld for CSC's ugly performance on I-485 adjudication.

Does somebody draft a letter ?
Thanks to wac-02-068

Last edited by a moderator:
1) CSC's performance on I-485 adjudication compared with other service centers
Code:
    01/15/2003 - 03/22/2004  432 days
---^-----------^-----------^---------^------------
CSC 11/16/2001 - 01/09/2002   54 days  54/432=0.125
TSC 11/01/2000 - 07/16/2001  257 days 257/432=0.594
VSC 10/15/2001 - 02/15/2002  123 days 123/432=0.284
NSC 08/01/2001 - 09/30/2001   60 days  60/432=0.138
In early 2003, the CSC was the FASTEST among 4 SCs,
however, the I-485 processing date has exceeded only 54 days for last 432 days.
This processing rate is the WORST.
It takes 8 months for the CSC to process only 1 month of I-485 applications.

2) Don Neufeld's promise to Congressman Anna Eshoo
As we make progress in completing the older background checks, the processing time for I-485's will begin to improve. However, because of the competing need to adjudicate approximately 60,000 El Salvadoran applications for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) prior March 9, 2004, we do not anticipate assigning any additional staff to process I-485s until the latter half of this fiscal year. We do plan to significantly increase resource allocations to I-485 adjudications beginning April 2004. Based on current workload projections, our goal is to reduce the processing time for Adjustment of Status applications to 12 months or less by the end of September 2004.

The CSC I-485 processing rate seems to be increased double since the week of 3/14/2004,
however, with such a processing rate, the I-485 backlog is still growing,
and it's far less than his promise.
He has cheated not only I-485 applicants but also Congressional member(s).

3) Don Neufeld has ignored hundreds of letters from ImmigrationPortal.Com members who are his customers.

Originally posted by kashmir
I want to see a dignified letter posted here,
otherwise I have to write a vulgar one.
I wonder why nobody could write a letter to Mr. Khatri to claim CSC Director Don Neufeld's *UGLY* performance.

Again, Project Kashmir last weekend report of 3/28/2004 has been ready,
and it would be posted once somebody would post a letter here.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=737771#post738005

for kashmir ONLY

kashmir,

It is about the two days limit as I promised you. Here is my draft, please comment and/or correct. (not sent yet)

code-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: CIS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri
Subject: Nominate CSC director Don Neufeld for Ombudsman's Annual Report to Congress

Dear Mr Khatri,

We are glad to see the recent progress in some CIS service centers since you took the position of
CIS Ombudsman. We appreciate your efforts in reducing the backlogs and improving the CIS
service quality. As a legal immigrant waiting for the Adjustment of Status, I would like to contribute
my part by nominating the director of CIS California Service Center Don Neufeld for your Annual
Report to Congress.

Mr. Don Neufeld is nominated for the bad performance and poor service quality of CIS California
Service Center (CSC), which is under his supervision.

First, CSC's performance on I-485 adjudication is the worst among all the service centers. Below is
a chart comparing the progress of I-485 adjudication in the four service centers by means of the JIT's
published by each service center:

-----------------------------------------------
01/15/2003 - 03/22/2004
California 11/16/2001 - 01/09/2002
Texas 11/01/2000 - 07/16/2001
Vermont 10/15/2001 - 02/15/2002
Nebraska 08/01/2001 - 09/30/2001

In the last 1 year and 2 months, CSC moved only 55 days on I-485 applications.While the other centers
moved 2 months to 8.5 in the same time frame.

Second, Mr. Don Neufeld has not been putting his efforts at all to reduce the huge I-485 backlogs in
CSC. He promised to public that after completing adjudication of the El Salvadoran applications for
Temporary Protected Status (TPS) on March 9, 2004, CSC will significantly increase resource allocation
to I-485 adjudications. But we haven't seen much progress yet.

Third, job scheduling in CSC's I-485 case processing is extraodinarily poor, and extreme unfairness is brought
to those long term waiting applicants because of this fact. From the posts of the members of ImmigrationPortal
on the recent activities on their own cases, we learned that putting thousands of applications submitted in late
2001 and early 2002 with expired Finger Prints aside, CSC is issuing Finger Prints and FRE's to the late 2002
applicants and even late 2003 applicants.

Fourth, the service quality is poor in CSC. Many of the FAX and/or email inquiries on cases that have been
pending for over 2 years are not answered promptly, or even been ignored.

For all the above causes, I believe Mr. Don Neufeld should be included in your report to congress.

Should you need any further information, please contact ImmigrationPortal.Com at the address and
phone number shown in the bottom of this letter; or contact me at <my phone number>, <my email>,
or write to:
<my name>
<my address>

Thanks for your attention.

<my name>
Member, ImmigrationPortal
ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

kashmir - E-MAIL sent - 3/31/2004

To: Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman <Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov>
Subject: Nominate CSC director Don Neufeld for Ombudsman's Annual Report to Congress
Code:
[color=red]
ImmigrationPortal.Com

Dear Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman Prakash Khatri;

We are glad to see the recent progress in some areas since you took the position of
Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman.  We appreciate your efforts in reducing
the backlogs and improving the USCIS service quality.  As a legal immigrant waiting
for the Adjustment of Status, I would like to contribute my part by nominating
the Director of California Service Center (CSC) Don Neufeld for your Annual Report to
Congress.  Mr. Don Neufeld is nominated for the bad performance and poor service
quality of USCIS CSC, which is under his supervision.

First, CSC's performance on I-485 adjudication is the worst among all the service
centers.  Below is a chart comparing the progress of I-485 adjudication in the four
service centers by means of the processing dates officially published by USCIS:

01/15/2003 - 03/22/2004  432 days
California 11/16/2001 - 01/09/2002   54 days
Texas      11/01/2000 - 07/16/2001  257 days
Vermont    10/15/2001 - 02/15/2002  123 days
Nebraska   08/01/2001 - 09/30/2001   60 days

In the last 432 days (1 year and 2 months), CSC moved only 54 days
on I-485 applications.  While the other centers moved 2 months to 8.5
in the same time frame.

Second, Mr. Don Neufeld has not been putting his efforts at all to reduce the huge
I-485 backlogs in CSC.  He promised to public that after completing adjudication of
the El Salvadoran applications for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) on March 9, 2004,
CSC will significantly increase resource allocation to I-485 adjudications.  But we
haven't seen much progress yet.

Third, job scheduling in CSC's I-485 case processing is extraodinarily poor, and
extreme unfairness is brought to those long term waiting applicants because of this
fact.  From the posts of the members of ImmigrationPortal.Com on the recent activities
on their own cases, we learned that putting thousands of applications submitted in
late 2001 and early 2002 with expired Finger Prints aside, CSC is issuing Fingerprints
and RFE's to the late 2002 applicants and even late 2003 applicants.

Fourth, the service quality is poor in CSC.  Many of the FAX and/or email inquiries
on cases that have been pending for over 2 years are not answered promptly, or even
been ignored.

For all the above causes, I believe Mr. Don Neufeld should be included in your report
to Congress.

Should you need any further information, please contact ImmigrationPortal.Com at the
address and phone number shown in the bottom of this letter;
or contact me at <my phone number>, <my email>,
or write to:
<my name>
<my address>

<my name>
Member, ImmigrationPortal.Com

ImmigrationPortal.Com
[/color]

Originally posted by kashmir
I wonder why nobody could write a letter to Mr. Khatri to claim CSC Director Don Neufeld's *UGLY* performance.

Again, Project Kashmir last weekend report of 3/28/2004 has been ready,
and it would be posted once somebody would post a letter here.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=737771#post738005

Anyone visiting this forum is able to write such a letter. -- Axiom
A number of them are capable of writing very good ones, if it was solely for their own benifit. -- Corollary

I wrote, posted, and sent the letter not for anyone, including myself, to see the most recent report of Project Kashmir. It was done for Kashmir only.

I don't care if others can see the report or not. And I don't need to see it since I know nothing can speed up my individual case unless one of my family members had been given a different name at the time of birth.

In the past year or so, I have seen enough how people have frustrated a down-to-the-earthly nice guy, who deserves at least the repect from people whoever has benifited from his efforts, by action instead of empty words!

Sent as under to Mr. Khatri:

To: Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman <Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov>

ImmigrationPortal.Com

Dear Mr. Khatri,

We are glad to see the recent progress in some areas since you took the position of
Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman. We appreciate your efforts in reducing
the backlogs and improving the USCIS service quality. As a legal immigrant waiting
for the Adjustment of Status, I would like to contribute my part by nominating
the Director of California Service Center (CSC), Don Neufeld for your Annual Report to
Congress. Mr. Don Neufeld is nominated for the bad performance and poor service
quality of USCIS CSC, which is under his supervision.

First, CSC's performance on I-485 adjudication is the worst among all the service
centers. At some point in the past CSC use to be the best service center, but no more.
Below is a chart comparing the progress of I-485 adjudication in the four
service centers by means of the processing dates officially published by USCIS:

01/15/2003 - 03/22/2004 432 days
California 11/16/2001 - 01/09/2002 54 days
Texas 11/01/2000 - 07/16/2001 257 days
Vermont 10/15/2001 - 02/15/2002 123 days
Nebraska 08/01/2001 - 09/30/2001 60 days

In the last 432 days (1 year and 2 months), CSC moved only 54 days
on I-485 applications. While the other centers moved 2 months to 8.5
in the same time frame. Whether or not the above dates, published by the USCIS are valid processing dates is not known, however this is the only scale by which we can measure the outcome of service.

Second, Mr. Don Neufeld has not been putting his efforts at all to reduce the huge
I-485 backlogs in CSC. He made a promise to the public that after completing adjudication of
the El Salvadoran applications for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) on March 9, 2004,
CSC will significantly increase resource allocation to I-485 adjudications. But we
haven't seen much progress yet. At the current resource allocation rate and processing rate, several of us will end up collecting our social sercurity checks and Green cards at the same time.

Third, job scheduling in CSC's I-485 case processing is extraodinarily poor, and
extreme unfairness is brought to those long term waiting applicants because of this
fact. From the posts of the members of ImmigrationPortal.Com on the recent activities
on their own cases, we learned that putting thousands of applications submitted in
late 2001 and early 2002 with expired Finger Prints aside, CSC is issuing Fingerprint notices
and RFE's to the late 2002 applicants and even late 2003 applicants.

Fourth, the service quality is poor in CSC. Many of the FAX and/or email inquiries
on cases that have been pending for over 2 years are not answered promptly, or even
been ignored.

For all the above causes, I believe Mr. Don Neufeld should be included in your report
to Congress. I also urge you, on behalf of all applicants to take cognizance of the delays in processing and put efforts to provide relief to all of us, who are suffering at the hands of the CSC.

Should you need any further information, please contact ImmigrationPortal.Com at the
address and phone number shown in the bottom of this letter;
or contact me at <my phone number>, <my email>,
or write to:
<my name>
<my address>

<my name>
Member, ImmigrationPortal.Com

ImmigrationPortal.Com

Email sent, content pretty much similar to GCDreamz! I liked that touch about Green cards and social security! :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the letter wac-02-068, I wanted to post it as well. But I am going out of the country tomorrow, and too many things to sort out before then, it is driving me crazy!

List of participants!
  • Kashmir
  • wac-02-068
  • GCDreamz
  • 140_takes_4ever
  • Kadamtal
  • Shapath

EDIT: Added Kadamtal and Shapath

email sent

To Mr. Khatri. I did not repeat the email but created my own highlighting Don Neufeld's fake promises and CSC's performance

Project Ocean E-MAIL Campaign #8b
to Mr. Prakash Khatri
the Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman at DHS

Target Number = 30
The project Kashmir weekend report of 4/4/2004 will not be posted unless this target number meets.

• kashmir
  • wac-02-068
  1. GCDreamz
  2. 140_takes_4ever
  3. kadamtal
  4. Shapath
  5. nam29

I have just sent the e-mail, a bit modified. Instead of starting paragraphs with "First, ", "Second, " etc I put a small title above them:

Evidence #1 - poor performance
Evidence #2 - misleading public
Evidence #3 - extreme unfairness
Evidence #4 - poor service quality

Just for clarity.

Oh how I hate USCIS. I was so angry yesterday evening after reading their "admit. admit. deny. deny." response that I decided to finally start doing something actively about our I-485 cases. I'm officially joining project Ocean today by contacting my representatives.