nologic algo

rsrgc

Registered Users (C)
Your case has taken too long

I wish to ask u a few questions

what is your country,priority date, eb category (are u employment based or through relative)

Does your I-140 have to be amended due to company takeover etc etc
Have you changed jobs (180 day rule and hence informed INS)

is your I-140 from the CSC ?
have u filed under 245(i) ?

Have u called IIO and asked whether your fp data has been received
and has your background check been done and if your case has been assigned.

I think the above questions may give us a clue as to why ur case has been delayed

Detail:

I-140 from CSC , RIR, EB2, India
PRiority DAte: Aug 2000
RD April 30
ND July 09
Fp done: 11/16/01
Received 11/28
chagged to Dec 29 later
Adjudication Ready since
Employement based

Have asked to the lawyer to send fax inquiry? He is not cooperating these days well so I"m not sure he has sent it or not

Don\'t know what to do next?

Call IIO periodically.

I had a big delay even receiving my FP notice and then afterwards my case just sat in limbo. I called once a week for two months until I got a sympathetic IIO to look into my case. Upon investigating she agreed that something was odd and a week later she called me back to inform me that she had personally taken the case off the shelf to the adjudicating officer who promptly approved it. So if there is a big delay it might not hurt to try calling a couple of times.
Just my 2 cents worth.

You could try to send the fax message yourself

It is possible to do that yourself

You could write that other friends of yours have been approved who filed much much later and you hope that your case gets timely response. Or maybe you could try bubba_g\'s idea also

It does not look like your case is out of the ordinary

Maybe your file has got mixed up with some other files and is in the 290 batch or something like that

But it does not hurt to send a fax message or call IIO once a week

Maybe you could call IIO and if she gives u the usual runaround ask to speak to a supervisor.

I have never tried this method with CSC but whenever I face a problem with any call center like credit card company or bank or att or cable company I always ask to speak to the supervisor. Most supervisors are trained to provide an extra level of support and maybe this works.

Tell the IIO that well your case has taken too long and you feel that you should talk to her supervisor.

You are a VERY lucky man/woman!

Its almost impossible for me to imagine an INS officer going to that extent- to even call you back and get your case decided on so fast!
I hope to come across that same lady because I\'m still out of luck! (Know her name? - joking.. I\'m sure situation differs on a case to case basis!)

Your message also confirms my observation that if you don\'t call IIO\'s atleast at a certain intervals, you might end up waiting a very long time for a nonsense reason! Thank you for your post.