Nogales, MX H1B stamping + Issue with getting the 100$ fee receipt delivered to US

metallica_rules

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Well I am going to Nogales for my H1B stamping on 04/10/06( interview appt. is at 8:00 a.m).

The main issue with going for a interview at 8:00a.m is that is having the 100$ fee receipt or DDready before that.

Is a way to get the fee receipt (100 USD DD) delivered anywhere in US?

One option is to go there on Friday the week before your interview appt. and get the DD and stay in Nogales, MX for like 3-4 days. But that is inconvenient and can be potentially risky too.

So I was wondering if any of you guys have figured out any other way of getting the 100$ DD without travelling to Nogales, MX earlier than MONDAY.

Btw..I have made arrangements to travel to Nogales,AZ on Friday(04/07/2006) to get the DD before i go for my interview on Monday at 8:00 a.m.
This is the last resort backup :(.

FYI:
If any of you guys dont wanna rent a car and travel from TUCSON to NOGALES, AZ(on the US side) then you can take a Greyhound from TUS to Noglaes,AZ (http://greyhound.com/home.asp and search for scheules from TUCSON TO NOGALES,AZ) its for like ~ $35 for a round trip. Personally i dont even wanna rent a car and leave it parked on the US side for a day or 2.

Sorry for the long email. I like to explain myself fully .

Thanks,
Paresh

banamex receipt

DOnt worry .
U can get the visa fee on the same day of ur interview ... There is a banamex close to the consulate...

U cant enter the consulate until mexicans waiting for visa are processed first.

So dont worry much abt it .

bye
sud

thanks sud3

Thanks sud3.

But I didnt wanna take any chances so I am going there on Friday to get the fee receipt.

Thanks again.

-P

Hi,
could you please tell me how did you get mexican permit? even i am planning to take appointment but i dont see any agent to get me a mexican permit.
your response is much appreciated.
Thanks

Permit not necessary

Hi ..
Believe me, u dont need a permit to go to the visa stamping at nogales and tijuana.. I dont know if this is because the consulate is within the free zone..
(I am not sure of other mexico borders in Texas.. )

we had a baby with us and didnt want to take any risks..
so on the day of the apptmt, we went to the permit office around 7.30 a.m and asked the officer there for a permit... he said we didnt need one...
This is from the permit officer at the permit office at the nogales mexico border... Who else would be more informed about the permits than this officer?

At the san jose Mexican consulate, the officer had said we would require one and we could buy at the border. but i guess she was less informed!

Also fill out form DS158 too.. They say all TCN s have to fill this even though the form is not for H1 visa holders

Also you can make a stop at banamex bank get the draft and then go to the consulate office. Its ok even if you reach there by 10 a.m.
U need a passport to get the draft.

We had some problems with the baby and by the time we could get a bank draft and fill the DS158, it was almost 11.00 a.m... and we had an appointment at 8.00a.m.. we got in at 11.45(again issues with baby stroller/food and so delayed at the security posts.)and we were out by 1.30p.m Hardly 2 minute interview, asked qs like what kind of work ur company does, what is ur project and show me ur resume..

we were the last persons!

Also while collecting the passport,they said somehow, my photo on the DS156 had come off and was lost so they needed another one. thankfully i had got one extra copy. BTW, the photo on the form need not meet the specifications. any equally good photo will do.. They themselves click one photo according to the specs while fingerprinting... and thats what they use for the passport visa.

While coming back, they didnt give me any new I94... They just checked for my visa validity... I have my I94 on the I797... I am not sure what are the implications of not having a I94..If anybody has any information on that, please let me know..

All the best