Nogales H1 - Sept 25

niyant4

Registered Users (C)
I will be visiting Nogales' Consulate for a H1 stamp.
Anyone else has an appointment on the same date?

I am in and will be meeting you. Everybody else who is up for 25th September 2006, at Nogales, chime in.

How to get DD payble at Banamex, mexico

Hi,
I have an appointment on 11th just booked today, I will be travelling from LAX, I need to know few question
I am on H1-B stamped with previous employer, expiring oct 2006 have valid I797 till oct 2008
1. Do I need Mexico visa?
2. Can I take a DD payable at Mexico from USA itself
3. Is it possible to take car to mexico
any reply will be helpful. I have till 4th September to cancel the appointment.

Thanks
Soumit

If you are going to mexico for less than 72 hrs and just going to the consulate you will not need a mexican visa.
YOu can make the payment through services that agents provide in mexico, else make the payment at Banamex once you get into nogales (bank is a few mins from Consulate).
I dont think without any visa or permit you would be allowed to take a car into mexico but you can leave it on the USA side and take a cab from the mexican side to the consulate.

All the above answers are subjective and best per my knowledge, as i am not a lawyer. - Just disclosure statement
Good Luck

Changed my date to 25th september

How are you getting the bank draft ? How can I buy it on the same date I have appointment at 8 AM
I am planning to travle by road from LA. From where are you travelling?
Soumit

Sept 25 Nogales Appointment

Soumit,

I will be driving in from LA as well. PLan on making the drive on Sunday and then staying overnight at Nogales, AZ.

As far as the Banamex payment is concerned i plan on having it prepaid using some assistance services. But i have heard that you can walk into the bank when it opens (around 9AM) and then get back to the embassy even if your appointment is at 8AM. I am not sure if the embassy would accept this but this is stated by several individuals on this forum.

Can we car pool

are you travlelling alone or you can join me I was planning to travel on friday or saturday, if you give me number from you are buying the bamanex draft then I can also buy you can mail me details at dspwhiz at gmail BTW i am travelling alone.

I too have an appointment on 25th morning. I am flying from San Jose to Tucson on Sunday, staying in Nogales Best Western Sunday Night, going for appointment at 8.00 AM on Monday morning. I am not sure yet if I should get the Benamex thing in advance by paying $60 extra or should I just get it done there Monday morning.

Then Monday night I am staying in a hotel close to Tucson airport, and flying back Tuesday morning.

eMail me for any questions to mailmefast at gmail.com

Guys,

I have an appt on 25th sept at 8.30 am. Me and my wife are going for VISA revalidation. we are flying from sanjose on sunday at 7.00am and will drive from Tuscon airport to Nogales. we booked a hotel at

Americana Motor Hotel in Nogales, Arizona
639 North Grand Avenue
Nogales, AZ 85621
Rates from $55.00 to $55.00 nightly (3 star accommodations) .

we will be flying back on tuesday at 6.00 am morning.

I am taking visa fees receipt(DD's) from

Mexico Assistance Services
1805 Ruben Torres Blvd. A-16 #281
Brownsville, Tx. 78526
(956)455-3628 Phone 1

They are charging 60$.

let me know if you need anything from me

Thanks,
Suresh.