Nogales April 10 8:00 AM

harerama

Anyone with an interview at Nogales on April 10? We could stay in touch and share a ride?

Also how long is it taking these days for the visa?
My appointment confirmation says it takes 3 days in Nogales and that we should expect to stay in Nogales for 3 Biz days to get the Visa stamped. Does anyone have more recent experience like from last week or something?

Thanks

Please contact me on yahoo at sharath_ramaraj if you have a similar appointment on April 10 at Nogales.

Appt. at Nogales on April 10th 2006 8:00a.m

Hey Harerama..

I also have an appt. at Nogales on the same time and day.

Well my email address is guptaparesh@gmail.com, you can contact me there.

Btw have you thought about how to get an the 100$ fee receipt before 8:00 a.m on April 10th(Monday).

Thanks
Paresh

I am thinking about getting it through Victor Garcia victorgarciainternational.com. Even if we dont go to Ciudad Juarez through him, he can still get us the draft.

Looks like the consulate people are ok even if we show up around 9:15-- because the bank on Nogales side opens at 9:00. Ayways I am not taking my chances. I am going through Victor Garcia. It is like $10 more. But worth the peace of mind. I will get in touch with you at gmail too.

I just talked to Victor Garcia on the phone and he said he needs a cashiers check of 150$ for the bank receipt.

Isn't it 100$...? He said if we want a receipt for the consulate at Ciudad Juarez he charges 110$ otherwise its 150$. He is a rip off!

Well anyways..i just wanted to share this information with you.

Take care
-P

Well i would not depend on getting it on Monday. I called up the US consulate in Nogales and it seems like the Banamex next to the consulate opens up at 9:30 a.m and they would not let us in later than 8:30 a.m for the appt. at 8:00 a.m.

Thanks
Paresh

Hi ,
I have an appointment at Nogales April 10 8:00 AM

Please let me know how you guys are planning to the $100 fee from Banamex and the Mexico permit. my Email:mmadhus@mailcity.com

Madhu

We had our stamping done yesterday(April 3 2006). Was very easy. We were in line at 7:30am and done by 9:15 AM. The Questions- Where do you work? what do you do? Is your company applyinmg for Immigration( I am getting my final year). We stayed in Best Western in Nogales, AZ($80). The owner is a nice Desi man. The cab from Nogales border to Consulate takes $7(US)(Tell him $7 when you hire the cab). It took 10 Minutes. Stand in Line outside. One person will come and check for papers. If we are missing any, he will give us the form. We had to Fill DS-158. They wont let us take any Electonic stuff inside. There is a Stall person(Looks like typical Desi chai stall) nearby who will hold the bags for us if needed, Give him a dollar and "mUcha Garcias" (Thank you very much) to him, he will be happy.

Had to wait till 3pm to the PP. If you are a Vegetarian. You have to walk to the Peter Piper Pizza place to get a veggie Pizza. Note- No one speaks english. Do your homework on Spanish.

Out of all H1 Interview- One person got a "Name check". His name matched with some one on black list. So he had to stay back in Nogales. Be mentally prepared. Another person trying to get F1 to H1b had to return back with a visa as he was a major in Micro Biology.

Let me know if anybody else need any info. meherkn@hotmail.com I had to do a lot of R/D just to be comfortable. Hope this info will be helpful to someone.

low w2

Hi,

iam a f1 to h1b , iam going for h1b stamping , i have a low w2 for 2005 for my company, with start date as october 2004 because i worked with another company in 2005 for three months .
is a low w2 a problem ?
if they ask should i show both the w2´s and say that i worked for two company´s in 2005 , is it ok to work for two company´s. I have h1b´s from both the companies .

Please advise me asap .

regards
raj