No wonder-bulletin was revised on July2nd!

banta4gc

Registered Users (C)
Well, no wonder, the bulletin was revised on July 2nd and not on June 29th...This way the July Visa Bulletin became effective for 1 second...and all the numbers possible got used up! Hee Hee!

ANYBODY - in EB (with pending 485) - may expect approval !! Not sure about namecheck stuck cases...

Look at this article from Shusterman.com
>>>
SILVER LINING ON THE JULY VISA BULLETIN
July 4, 2007
Believe it or not there is a silver lining to the July Visa Bulletin....

Today we received a dozen approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on July 1st.....
>>>
LOOKS LIKE FOLKS WHO BECAME CURRENT (AND ASSUMING NAMECHECK CLEARED - AILA DOUBTS THAT PART THOUGH) ON JULY 1ST ALREADY GOT THE VISA NUMBERS IN THE LAST WEEKS OF JUNE....MAN, THERE MUST BE A DELUGE OF APPROVALS NEXT...

Last edited by a moderator:

July 4, 2007

Believe it or not, there is a silver lining to the July Visa Bulletin Cloud.

The Visa Bulletin pushed the CIS into approving 60,000 applications for adjustment in matter of weeks. Today we received dozens of approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on July 1st.

What's more, some important members of congress are hopping mad about the immigrants playing by the rules who were double crossed by the government. Representative Zoe Lofgren, Chair of the House of Immigration Subcommittee wrote letters to DHS Secretary Chertoff and DOS Secretary Rice expressing her displeasure and urging them not to revise the July Visa Bulletin.

I think he's saying that CIS actually approved all 60,000 applications in the end of June.

I can buy into the theory that visa numbers were assigned to applications that were pending and approvals will trickle in the days to come. But approving all 60,000 cases in June somehow doesn't sound plausible.

U know - what the funny thing is....it's clear that USCIS kind of pre-approved these 60K petittions, based on July bulletin. As per AILA, they worked overnight to do this....and they even bended their age old policy - of counting only folks with namecheck clearance...and expanded their criteria to include all folks pending more than 6 months and with pending namecheck clearance....

That means, the number of legitimate cases with namecheck clearance is less than 60K....and that they had to include this pool of namecheck pending folks to somehow...reach the limit of 60K+ .....My guess is - legally they cannot approve cases whose namecheck is pending....

So, U know, what this means - come October 2008 - there will be very few cases of 485 pending with namecheck clearance....(assuming namecheck cleared in the last 3 months of Jul/Aug/Sep).....DOS may most likely make the dates current in October....

If there is no backlog - then why retrogress the dates?

If anybody with pending 485 had their namecheck cleared....they may all most likely see approval emails in the coming weeks...

Not sure, how they will handling 485 pending with namecheck pending cases!!! But, conspiracy theories are raging that they will get approved too, though I doubt that though!

Only people with LUDs are lucky ones?

If the theory that the recently used 60K visas include qualified pending + non name check cleared, is true; then are those the people who got / are getting LUDs from June 30 onwards? OR they include even the people whose last LUDs were in March 07 inspite of FP2 in april/may?
Even if we saw no LUD in last few weeks, still our case could have been assigned an visa number?

My husbands PD became current on June 1 according to the may 15 bulletin. I do not understand why my lawyer says we have to wait till october 1st to file. Can someone explain this to me.
I read the announcement on the immigration and citizen website and this is what they had to say
July 2, 2007, 12:10 PM EDT - Dept. of State has revised its July Visa Bulletin to reflect that all available employment-based immigrant visas have been allocated for fiscal year 2007.

As a result, beginning today, USCIS is rejecting applications to adjust status (I-485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are not current under the revised July Bulletin
Who is now current then???? Can't find any revised july bulletin. Did not even look at the july origianle one since we were already current on june 1st. Do we still have to wait.
How do the allocate the visas. Is that for people that they received the 485 or is it for people that because of the visa bulletin are allowed to file 485.
This thing is a mess and sometimes you have to be your own lawyer or at least an extension to your lawyer.
Any help appreciated. I know there are a lot and I mean a lot of very knowledgeble people on this forum. They should be the lawyers.

Well, no wonder, the bulletin was revised on July 2nd and not on June 29th...This way the July Visa Bulletin became effective for 1 second...and all the numbers possible got used up! Hee Hee!

ANYBODY - in EB (with pending 485) - may expect approval !! Not sure about namecheck stuck cases...

Look at this article from Shusterman.com
>>>
July 4, 2007
Believe it or not there is a silver lining to the July Visa Bulletin....

Today we received a dozen approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on July 1st.....
>>>
LOOKS LIKE FOLKS WHO BECAME CURRENT (AND ASSUMING NAMECHECK CLEARED - AILA DOUBTS THAT PART THOUGH) ON JULY 1ST ALREADY GOT THE VISA NUMBERS IN THE LAST WEEKS OF JUNE....MAN, THERE MUST BE A DELUGE OF APPROVALS NEXT...

My husbands PD became current on June 1 according to the may 15 bulletin. I do not understand why my lawyer says we have to wait till october 1st to file.
Since the announcement on July 2, it is now true that you have to wait until October (unless the lawsuit or something else forces them to accept applications). But if your lawyer was telling you that when it was still June, fire him/her.

My guess is - legally they cannot approve cases whose namecheck is pending....
My guess is the opposite. By law they have to do background checks, but not necessarily "FBI name check". They do two other background checks in addition to the FBI name check, so if they approve you when your name check is still pending, background checks still would have been done.

Jackolantern,
I got stuck in namecheck for 1.5 years, before my 485 approval.......
and got sick of running around FBI / USCIS to make it clear...

I know USCIS has no jurisdiction on namechecks...only FBI does....Unless FBI clears the namechecks, USCIS cannot do anything...

Come on, inspite of so many lawsuits from Federal Courts (WOM Lasuits) - USCIS still struggles to clear namecheck....
USCIS went to the length of even saying that they will no longer try to request expedited namecheck for WOM lawsuits....(to scare people from filing WOM lawsuits, I guess)

I very much doubt, that they would one day just wake up and start clearing namechecks and approving 485s...No way!

Last edited by a moderator:
where does my case lie?

I know that there are scores of ppl before me in terms of the PD process but I'm just curious where my case lies in the pile? Believe me, I'm not complaining or anything but just hoping for a stroke of luck.
But I do wonder what would go through the IOs mind when he opens my case during these three months.

Just talked to immigration officer @Texas service center and the IO told me the (July)visa has already been assigned to my application and ready to adjudicate anytime.

Ready to rock anytime.

I very much doubt, that they would one day just wake up and start clearing namechecks and approving 485s...No way!
They would be ignoring the name check, not clearing them.

I also doubt they actually did that, because I think that they could have found at least 60,000 pending cases for which the name check has been cleared. Remember that 60,000 includes dependents so that represents only about 20,000-30,000 employees. However, I don't rule out the possibility of them ignoring the name check, because lots of citizenships have been approved when they decided to ignore it because it was taking too long.

But like I said before, ignoring your name check does not mean the background check was not done. It just would mean that they did only 2 out of the 3 background checks.