No welcome letter after POE

vmanish

Registered Users (C)
I have not received any welcome letter or plastic card after 3 weeks of port of entry. I need to renew my drivers license which is going to expire soon and don't want to use temporary GC stamp on my passport.

Guys, please let me know how long it takes to get welcome letter and plastic card. I am little anxious and worried.

Is there any number we can call and check the satus? in my case I don't have welcome letter to can't check plastic card status by case number.

How long took for the guys who already received it recently?

Any help greatly appreociated.

check with your employer.. or

If you moved after your approved I140 was sent to NVC, call USCIS and tell them your details (Alien number needed, available on the US Visa page in yr passport), they will give you a sweet useless info and then a few days later send you the welcome letter and the GC which bounced from some address to which they had sent! DONT ARGUE, they will say we sent the mail to the address you gave us!

H

Thanks Hanuman

Thanks Hanuman,

My POE was 8th Aug and no welcome letter or GC so far. I have changed my address after I-140 approval but I thought they are gonna use the address in DS-230 form.

Did this happen to you. I mean they sent it to old address.

I will call them on Tuesday to see what is going on. Can not wait to see our picture in plastic :)

Thanks
vman

If you moved after your approved I140 was sent to NVC, call USCIS and tell them your details (Alien number needed, available on the US Visa page in yr passport), they will give you a sweet useless info and then a few days later send you the welcome letter and the GC which bounced from some address to which they had sent! DONT ARGUE, they will say we sent the mail to the address you gave us!

H

no welcome notice after POE

I am on the same boat. I have entered the country 40 days ago, and still did not hear anything yet from USCIS. I called them up, and they told me that they experience delays in "updating the records". They also mentioned that due to the July screwups, there is anusually high volume of applicants and there are delays in printing the cards. However I take it with a grain of salt, since everytime I call, they give me a different story. Does anyone else have problems in obtaining the plastic green card???? I am really getting thired of this guys at USCIS.

I eneterd the US on 7th October, and got the welcome letter today, Novemebr 17th. Looks like it's taking a little longer than usual.

Keeps your fingers crossed - You should recieve your docs soon.

- Amit