No use of having Green Card....

csc485485

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Here I am seeing lot of posting stating that "eagerly waiting" & banging
their heads for GC & dying for GC & Praying for GC all such kind of
expression and feelings.

People are very depressed and very desparate to get Green Card.

But My question is what will you do once you get the Green card. In this
kind of economy you cannot get job . Nobody is giving job ,because you
have Green card.

I was also very desparate to get Green Card like most of you guys in this
board. But Now I have my green card and fiding difficult to get job.

So Getting Green card is not going to solve all the problem in your life.
I am pitty on people those who are very desparate and getting depressed
for not getting green card. Because I did the same the thing and now i am
not seeing any fruitfullness of Green card in my life.

So take it easy and enjoy your life even if you don\'t have GC.

Am I correct GC holders?

Sincerly
GC Holder

Still is better than Other Countries(India at least)

If you are unable to get a job with Green card in US then, getting a job in India during this bad phase of economy is next to impossible for many...I disagree with you

No Title

Dear CSC485485

It is really good to see you in I485 board, you should be in plastic card or citizenship board. I strongly disagree with your thoughts. Getting GC atleast bring you out of slavery of "Indian-Chinise" bosses!!!!

Absolutely Wrong

You are absolutely wrong. With green card there are a lot of options:

Example:

1. You can teach at a University/Institute.

2. You can join an MBA program without going through F-1

3. You can start your own business confidently

4. You can travel to Canada without visa

5. You can take administrative jobs in city and University jobs.

6. best of all you may be able to work part time as IIO at INS and help the rest of us

Sorry, but...

...could you tell us your skills and experience (what kind, how many years)? Instead of crying you should start to study harder and prepare yourself much more better than till now. I know the competition these days is much stronger and only well prepared person will survive. Man I\'ve lost 2 big offers cause my status and I didn\'t want to start the whole process of GC over again...

Sorry, I don;t agree with you...

I feel that you are not taking advantage of so many oppurtuniies that open up for you once you have a GC. And thats OK \'coz different people havce differenbt aspirations. From my perspective, GC implies the freedom to live and work as I wish and I don\'t think I am wrong in that. If you plan your life about what you really want to do after getting a GC and start thinking in that direction, you wil see a multitude of oppurtnities opening up in front of you.

Yes, if the whole and sole goal of getting a GC is to find another job, then I agree that its not of much use, given the current economic weather.

I am afraid most people fal in this boat of dying to get a GC and then once they ave a GC, they don;t do anything about it. It also surprises me that - why were you dying for a GC then ?? :))

I think its more of a peer pressure or friendly friend\'s pressure which creates this psycological trauma. I am sure most people who file for a GC don;t really think of why they are doing it and what they want to achieve after getting it. Most people file for it \'coz their neightbour, friends, colleagues are doing it...and what next after a H1 ?? :))

People are so cunning and sly; minds out of toilet easily forget minds for it.

People should be cunning and sly.

How can you live better life, if you should keep reminding the feeling for the toilet?
Mind is changing and we\'ll want another one if we get one.
It\'s just super-natural.
Don\'t blame him or anybody else.

Best luck to everybody!
Hal_Love

No Title

Exactly I am also trying to say the same thing. We have to be clear,
why do we need GC before banging/starving/dying for this. Otherwise
no point in putting all the time/energy/money into this and not making use of this.

In my case, I applied for this to have freedom in job searching . But it doesn\'t help me in this kind of economy. Really I regret now,why
was I so desparate/depressed to have this card.

So my point is , enjoy your life as it is now even if you don\'t have GC. by worring on this is not going to get the card fast and also if you get it is not going to serve you much in this kind of economy.

It is not to discourage to anybody, Just i am sharing my personal experience and views with others.,

I agree with all of you guys but still it matters whether you are H1 or GC

Hey guys,
  You know what...I can tell you a small but important interesting fact which will make a clear difference between GC and H1.
  When I was trying fo jobs there are so many employers who ready to take interview, taken interview but rejected, supposed to give offer but didn\'t and the only reason is we don\'t sponsor H1 visa now. And this is the only fact I feel making difference between H1 and GC. Lot of employers are not willing to sponsor H1 visa but they are willing to take you. Job search makes easier with GC comparitively. I agree with the fact that getting job is difficult now, but keep it in mind that we are immediately out of status and helpless if fired by employer and cannot do any part time job or admin job or like GC holders. Hope you guys understand my feeling...

regards

I disagree on some of points you raised...

Well, having a green card doesn\'t guarantee a job in US.
My wife got a permanent job because she has EAD ( Her employer no more sponsor H1 visas ). I got a contract-to-hire based on agreement that I will join in client place as full time employee as soon as I get Green Card.

In fact few of my friend, who are on H1 and in serious job search, getting replies from some recruiters/companies saying that they need people with green card or US citizenship.

I would say your situation is far better than these people. Enjoy freedom, be patient and expand your search ( I was on bench for three months..recently got a job).

be careful with oficially acknowledging that u will leave your current job as soonn as you get GC

Employment-sponsored GC is for people intending to stay indefinitely with that employer.
If u sign a paper saying that u intend to leave your current employer as soon as u get the GC, this can very easily be interpreted as a proof that your GC application was not made in good faith, that u just used that employer as a cover for immigrating in US.
Any potential enemy can very easily harm u by just sending a copy of that paper u signed to INS. Don\'t want to create panic, but I guess that in such case INS will automatically terminate your GC for fraudulous immigration, even after u got it.

CSC4854____ an idea

At least you can not find job for the timebeing but look at the country you are from you will never get a job there. If you get your boss will be the chairman of the comapany who is rich and will pay you little better than a minimum job.
So its better to get a GC. If you have GC no body stops you to go back to your country and find a job if you can.
People are desperate because at least they secure there residency after loosing the job. Just imagine you don\'t have GC and you are layed off and INS tells you to go back to your country ( which is not as good as USA, if it were you wouldn\'t be here at the first place)
What I think you are desperate of loosing your job, may be you are not qualified enough to find one. Remember lot of people got jobs in Dot.com era when everyone with one Oracle certification or some 3 months of C/C++ course work was making 100K and start thinking they are Engineers or Scholars.Face the reality this market works on Demand and supply.
Get real.

Hey ND read this out...

Hey ND,

I too had dozens of job offers , when i was in h1-B. That time also , everybody turned down my offer in the last minute by saying they are
looking for green card holders. So that made me desperate to have GC.
But Now I have GC and the company\'s are asking for citizens and other skilled people.

I don\'t know just company\'s are asking for what we don\'t have or it is my fate when i needed GC i was not having . Now I have GC no Job offer.

Instead of saying no openinigs/job people ask for what we don\'t have.
that\'s what i have learned from my experience.

To All - GC is good or Not

Dear Friends,

I read this thread, so I wanted to share some of my feeling based on your input.

1. First of all nobody is dying for GC.
       - They wanted to get freedom. To live better. To have their own choice.
2. My country is far better than this one.
       - May be this country is too good in living condition, but not an survival.
       - So many guys are ready to work on Burger King, Kmart etc.
           - Howmany of you are ready to do the same in your country.

3. 90% of our guys didn\'t come here to find the job, they were doing much better job in their country.
        - I agree myself - I came here to earn more money than from my country.

4. Final point. Try to build your confidance level. If you have your GC, you have lot of choices to find the job.

Dear friend, I am also one of the victim. Waiting for GC. My situaltion too bad than you. My company is forcing me to sit on bench. I am getting too many offers, but hands are tied with bloddy desi company.

My 2 cents

dilldesi I dis agree buddy

It is not the case that anyone of us dislike our country, neither it is the matter of survival...human instinct is to go up on the ladder not to crawl down the steps on a ladder..for many going back would be crawling down the ladder..survival...I guess if we have come so far,,we will be able to sell leaves to animals in jungle and can survive if we have to