No updates after finger printing

Looks like we're all in name check hell. There's an FBI phone number though that you can call to check if they sent the name check back to USCIS. If I don't get any updates in 30 days, I'm going to call them.

Most likely, the phone number you are referring to is for FP status, not name check. AFAIK, the only way to check name check status is to use infopass, go to your local office and ask a USCIS officer in person, or to inquire through congressman/senator.

N-400 (5 YEARS) DO. NYC
12/27/2011 - MAILED TO TX
12/28/2011- Received
1/03/2012- Check cashed
1/04/2012- I-797C Notice of Action Received
1/06/2012 FP Notification Notice Date
1/17/2012 FP DONE WALK-IN
2/13/2012- Yellow Letter- State I.D

Finally a little update

Hey thanks for the update.
Did you apply for your spouse too?
This YL, you got an email/text? Does it show online too?

To get an an email notice, you need to open an account online - seemed too involving - any tips?

khamyg

Most likely, the phone number you are referring to is for FP status, not name check. AFAIK, the only way to check name check status is to use infopass, go to your local office and ask a USCIS officer in person, or to inquire through congressman/senator.

I see, I thought those are the same thing pretty much. Thanks for clarifying.

N-400 (5 YEARS) DO. NYC
12/27/2011 - MAILED TO TX
12/28/2011- Received
1/03/2012- Check cashed
1/04/2012- I-797C Notice of Action Received
1/06/2012 FP Notification Notice Date
1/17/2012 FP DONE WALK-IN
2/13/2012- Yellow Letter- State I.D

Finally a little update

Is it a status change from "initial review" or you received yellow letter?

Got the Yellow Letter today, online status still in "initial review". At least something's moving along.

I haven't received that YL. I know we have the same FP date, but when did you file? I think YL is a standard process by receipt date (or Priority Date), not FP date.

I haven't received that YL. I know we have the same FP date, but when did you file? I think YL is a standard process by receipt date (or Priority Date), not FP date.

I filed on the 6th of January.
Not sure why my signature isnt showing up:

N-400
Brooklyn, NY

01/06/12 Sent
01/18/12 Early FP
02/18/12 Yellow Letter - DL

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry too much about online status, I'm USC but my online status is still on Testing and Interview. Sometimes they just don't do updates I guess. Wait for official letters :):):)

FP done on Jan 26th in San Jose but no updates after that

Looks like i am in the same boat as you guyz.

FP was done on Jan 26th but nothing has happened since then. Many people who have done FP around the same time frame are almost through with this process.

Please keep this thread alive and post any updates.

My status today changed to in line for interview scheduling. My PD is Dec 22, 11. My FP date was Jan 12, 12. So after 1+ month, my status changed and as some one said before, the interview date could be based on the PD and not on the date that you are in line for scheduling. Also the yellow letter does not affect the online status.

So we received the YL for my spouse yesterday. How long after the YL do they schedule the interview?

The YL was for the driver's license.

So we received the YL for my spouse yesterday. How long after the YL do they schedule the interview?

The YL was for the driver's license.

It varies from each office. I know that in the DC region the total time (from priority date to oath date) varies between 4 to 6.5 months.

In some offices it is super fast, less than 3 months.

My assumption is that the YL is just some routine letter that they send out, it has no bearing on the interview date.

Can this interview date have anything to do with how you filled out the N-400 form? For example if you listed traffic citations?

Questions:
1. In TX you can take defensive driving for dismissal of your violation - in that case do you have to list that in your N-400?
2. Under section 10 B question 8 a & b in N-400 I listed college honor societies, and professional societies - I think this was a mistake.

Can this interview date have anything to do with how you filled out the N-400 form? For example if you listed traffic citations?

Questions:
1. In TX you can take defensive driving for dismissal of your violation - in that case do you have to list that in your N-400?
2. Under section 10 B question 8 a & b in N-400 I listed college honor societies, and professional societies - I think this was a mistake.

It might be a bit more complicated than that - say you had things reported to police (by you) - wondering!
When Forum_Addict replies with his i/v date and if he compares with that of his spouse we will know.

Just list all traffic incidents in N-400 - or else, you would become a liar and ineligible
I don't know anyone care about honor society - but why you think it is a mistake?

Just list all traffic incidents in N-400 - or else, you would become a liar and ineligible
I don't know anyone care about honor society - but why you think it is a mistake?

1. It doesn't specifically say traffic citation. Also how far back? Its asks: "EVER" -- how would you even get documentation of the disposition of traffic tickets from way back (more than 5 yrs) or from a state you no longer live in?

2. I don't think the purpose of that question is to discover what honor societies or professional orgs you belong to, it's more to understand if you have political or other agenda affiliations. So it's a flag if you list anything there -- they'll probably have to check it out -- hence the delay.