NO update (even no LUD change) after Passport stamping for about 1.5 month! :-(

dvdhe

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Friends,

I have my passport stamped on 8/16/04, but later on, the online status never changed. Now it is already 9/29/04, and I am not sure whether I need to issue a query to CSC? By the way, I was stamped in San Diego, anyone in the same boat please give your suggestions!
Thanks a lot!

David

Not unusual. I got my passport stamped Aug 2 and saw no updates until Sep 23. 6-8 weeks seems to be the norm for CSC.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent by certified mail to USCIS when there was no LUD and I did not hear from them and it was past 60 days.

I included :

1. a copy of the approval notice
2. copy of page from passport showing stamping
3. a copy of printed page from USCIS website where they indicate to contact them if past 60 days (I highlighted that bit) and
4. page 2 of Form G-731.
5. Letter (see below)

I did manage to speak to an IIO and initiate an inquiry at the same time. This resulted in them processing my card and mailing it to me within a month after they received the letter. I also mailed a similar letter to 300 Los Angeles st address (location where I did my stamping) I highlighted key sentences or underlined or made them bold .

Hope this helps ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIS California Service Center
Los Angeles District Office
P.O. Box 10765
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0765
Dear Madam or Sir:
SUBJECT: PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD
I am writing to you to enquire about the processing of my PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD, WAC xx xxx xxxxx (A# xx xxx xxx) approved on June 9th, 2004, and passport stamped on June 28th, 2004. I followed the suggestion on your website to initiate an enquiry by calling your service phone number l-800-375-5283 if 60 days have elapsed since being granted permanent resident status and card has not been received. I was provided no further assistance or information by the IIO who talked to me. Instead he asked me to write or visit your office in person to enquire. Here are the details about my case:
I-485 (EB2 concurrently filed): WAC xx xxx xxxx
I-485 RD/ND: xx/xx/2002
1st Fingerprint and name check received by USCIS: 12/2002
1st RFE received by USCIS: 3/2004 (EVL, W2 & taxes)
2nd Fingerprint and name check received by USCIS: 4/2004
2nd RFE received by USCIS: 6/2004 (2 photographs)
I-485 approved on 6/9/2004

Passport stamped on 6/28/2004 after submitting 2 more photographs, EAD, AP and approval notice and fingerprinted (index finger)

I have heard of people who got their passports stamped as late as end of July at the Los Angeles office already receiving their cards in 2-3 weeks. I am concerned about the delay in processing my permanent resident card. I have not changed the address of my residence in the past 6 years. Kindly let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist in the completion of my card processing. I am enclosing a copy of my original approval notice received by my lawyer and page from my passport indicating the stamping done at your office. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Name
Address