no stamping info in the approval notice

1) Infopass appointment letter
2) Approval notice
3) Passport (at least valid for 6 more months)
4) I-94 (Ofcourse is in the passport)
5) All previous EADs (Had only one)
6) All APs
7) H1-B approval notice (Did not need actually)
8) Two passport style pictures (Front facing)
9) Drivers licence/ State ID

vvinoo said:
Can you tell me what are the documents that you took for the stamping.
Should I take W2s, paychecks and anything else?

I received my I-485 approval notice end of March 28, 2005. This did not include a request to get my passport stamped (I-551). It basically said "the i-485 application has been approved, and that the Immigration card facility will mail my card directly in 120 days". My wife received I-485 approval notice same time but she is a derivative/dependant on my application, and she got a request for I-551 stamp.

These are my questions/concerns:
1) Will delaying my wife's I-551 delay my receipt of physical GC even though she's the dependant (We both have expired passports).

2) At least 1 individual on this thread said they received their GC in hand 2 weeks after I-485 approval notice. It's been almost 1 month since I received I-485 approval notice and no GC. How can i better understand the status of the arrival of my physical GC?

3) What timelines are other individuals experiencing with respect to receiving their GC after I-485 approval and NO I-551 required?

Thanks for your help in advance,
gk

georgekat said:
2) At least 1 individual on this thread said they received their GC in hand 2 weeks after I-485 approval notice. It's been almost 1 month since I received I-485 approval notice and no GC. How can i better understand the status of the arrival of my physical GC?

The USCIS case status system will tell you that:
a) the card has been ordered
b) the card has been mailed

That is amazing, VitalSigns. What service center are you with?

In California, I got a notice for Code 3 biometrics = fingerprints, thumbprint, digital photo, and digital signature. This is enough info to issue the physical greencard.

I guess at some point if they don't have this info they will call you in to get it. Keep us informed about the method they use to obtain this information.

Hello Mahoning

I had a same situation,and happened to check with my attorney,
she advised me that we can go the local office for stamping.
for which we need to take appointments online at
www.uscis.gov and click on infopass ,where u can be able to pick up the appointments available,the site will be busy,better advise u to get on it after 10.00pm.u need to put ur information out there,and take the print out along with u at the local ins office.
The card will take its own time to arrival. the stamping will be valid for one year and with in year span u should get ur Physical card

Good Luck!

Mahoning said:
Hi, folks:

I just received my I-485 approval written notice, but there is no stamping information.

The notice wrote: "The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days."

The notice didn't provide any stamping information. Is it normal? Where can I get my passport stamped? In the local office? Do they allow me to do stamping? I really need the stamp because I need to go back to China right away.

Does the sentence from the approval notice (see second paragraph) mean that I don't need to do stamping? If so, where do they get my picture?

Anybody get similar notice approval?

My situation is: I filed 140 and 485 at NSC. I used to work in Columbus, Ohio . I moved to Durham, North Carolina 4 months ago. I filed AC21 when I replied RFE, and 485 got approved a week ago.

Thank you for your help.

Mahoning

hello

mine is the same case,when i went for stamping,i check with the INS officer out there,she told me to ignore it,as we will be dropping of two pictures,and even they take finger prints when we go out there ,when they do the passport;stamping which is good for enough them to allow them to send us the physical green card.
u can verify the same,when u call the INS.

vitalsigns said:
This is becoming more and more bizarre.
My adjustment of status was approved on March 14. I just got (May 14) another fingerpriniting notification (Code 2). It says at the end that I should disregard this notice if my application has been approved. It has been. What is code 2? It says my biomentrics should be taken. Why didn't they take them before they approved the case?

Is this just some kind of miscommunication between the offices at the INS?Did anything like that happen to any of you? Should I call the INS's office and ask for clarification or should I just ignore this?

Thanks for any input.

vitalsigns said:
This is becoming more and more bizarre.
My adjustment of status was approved on March 14. I just got (May 14) another fingerpriniting notification (Code 2). It says at the end that I should disregard this notice if my application has been approved. It has been. What is code 2? It says my biomentrics should be taken. Why didn't they take them before they approved the case?

Is this just some kind of miscommunication between the offices at the INS?Did anything like that happen to any of you? Should I call the INS's office and ask for clarification or should I just ignore this?

Thanks for any input.

My case says the exact same thing. I got my passport stamped on 05/05/2005. (I was approved April 4th and my spouse April 27th). On 05/13/05 I got a notice saying to appear to do a code 2 biometric. I was like what the hell is this for. My lawyer said I can ignore it since my passport is stamped and they took my biometrics (index fingerprint, 2 photos and signature to order the card) when I was there.
They collected my advance parole, EAD, took approval letter (gave me a copy with their stamp as received), then I got my passport stamped.

Last edited by a moderator: