no stamping info in the approval notice

Mahoning

Registered Users (C)
Hi, folks:

I just received my I-485 approval written notice, but there is no stamping information.

The notice wrote: "The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days."

The notice didn't provide any stamping information. Is it normal? Where can I get my passport stamped? In the local office? Do they allow me to do stamping? I really need the stamp because I need to go back to China right away.

Does the sentence from the approval notice (see second paragraph) mean that I don't need to do stamping? If so, where do they get my picture?

Anybody get similar notice approval?

My situation is: I filed 140 and 485 at NSC. I used to work in Columbus, Ohio . I moved to Durham, North Carolina 4 months ago. I filed AC21 when I replied RFE, and 485 got approved a week ago.

Thank you for your help.

Mahoning

you have company

I know another friend who got a similar approval notice recently. May be USCIS is doing away with the temporary stamps; they intended to do this in Oct 2004.

I don't think re-entering the country will be a problem when the card is pending. The visas are cancelled and APs taken back only when you get the stamp. Until then, they are still valid. Visas/AP are not automatically cancelled when I-485 is approved.

My I-485 was approved when I was abroad and I was still able to enter USA on AP. You are in the same situation, technically, though your I-485 has been approved even before leaving USA.

Hi Mahoning,

Did they take your picture when you went for FP?
In my case they approved my I-485, and they automatically ordered my card. I got my GC 7 days after my I-485 was approved, without having to stamp my Passport.

Check if your message changes in the next days stating that your card has been ordered.

If you want to get your passport stamped, you should be able to do it with your I485 approval notice.

Inwood.-

Mahoning said:
Hi, folks:

I just received my I-485 approval written notice, but there is no stamping information.

The notice wrote: "The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days."

The notice didn't provide any stamping information. Is it normal? Where can I get my passport stamped? In the local office? Do they allow me to do stamping? I really need the stamp because I need to go back to China right away.

Does the sentence from the approval notice (see second paragraph) mean that I don't need to do stamping? If so, where do they get my picture?

Anybody get similar notice approval?

My situation is: I filed 140 and 485 at NSC. I used to work in Columbus, Ohio . I moved to Durham, North Carolina 4 months ago. I filed AC21 when I replied RFE, and 485 got approved a week ago.

Thank you for your help.

Mahoning

Recently whoever did their FP Code 3 (Biometics) for all them they do get GC directly with in a week.

--Kishu

I gave FP in may 2004. They did not take any picture of mine. But still my approval notice does not have any instrcutions on stamping. They say the card facility will mail me the card directly !

Mine said the exact same thing and I talked to my lawyer who said that YES i had to still go and fill out the I-89 card with signature and index fingerprintand to give them photos also. This card he says is what they order the Green Card with. Then get my passport stamped. So when my spouse is approved thats what I will do.

vvinoo said:
IndoKiddo: Did you get your card yet?

NO , it only has been 2 days since we got the approval notice (and only been 5 days since we got the approval). I am guessing it will take a whil since they may not have the picture for processing GC. Some people who gave latest FP (Code 3) got card in a week :D

grunggy said:
Mine said the exact same thing and I talked to my lawyer who said that YES i had to still go and fill out the I-89 card with signature and index fingerprintand to give them photos also. This card he says is what they order the Green Card with. Then get my passport stamped. So when my spouse is approved thats what I will do.

My attorney said exactly opposite. I do not have to do anything. NSC will mail the card directly to me. I called NSC and they told me to do not do the Infopass. So, I am still waiting next week their time will expire. I holpe, they are not lying to us. Regards

kishuibm said:
Recently whoever did their FP Code 3 (Biometics) for all them they do get GC directly with in a week.

--Kishu

I NEVER did the FP code 3 (Biometrics) for anything. I paper filed my EAD and DID NOT submit the index fingerprint. The photos submitted for the Green Card (with the I-485 application) were the old style. The fingerprints I did were for the FBI clearance. (All 10 fingers).

SO when they say they are mailing me my card, WHERE are the getting the info from. I have never filled out an I-89 card with the signature and fingerprint I have been told they use to make your card.

I am in the same boat

My wife and I received our approval mails today stating that card will be mailed directly wihin 120 days. Our service center is CSC and we did Code 3 (biometrics). We made our infopass appointment as soon as we saw the emails. However, now we were wondering if we should go in for stamping...

kishuibm - did you or your friend get the card within a week? If so, could you please share which service center?

Indokido - what is your service center?

at last, does service center matter at all, especially that we are seeing these messages in NSC and CSC, for example?

Any thoughts?

Well ,
I am from VSC
But i live in California
we received mails
then card sent mail ( i just went ahead and booked infopass appointment)
got the approvals in 2 days(After seeing the approvals there is no mentioning of going to the service center and stamping stuff ..So *CANCELLED* the Infopass
with in 3 days my wife got the CARD
Next 3 days i got MYCARD.
There is no need of stamping .Keep your card carefully!!!

KIshuibm

chennai_vaasi said:
My wife and I received our approval mails today stating that card will be mailed directly wihin 120 days. Our service center is CSC and we did Code 3 (biometrics). We made our infopass appointment as soon as we saw the emails. However, now we were wondering if we should go in for stamping...

kishuibm - did you or your friend get the card within a week? If so, could you please share which service center?

Indokido - what is your service center?

at last, does service center matter at all, especially that we are seeing these messages in NSC and CSC, for example?

Any thoughts?

Message on 485 approval

What does the message say??

I heard that in the case of people doing stamping, it changed to "Your card has been ordered ..blah..blah" after they had finished stamping.

What does it say now that we dont have to get the PP stamped??

The message reads something like, "The above application has been approved. The immigration card facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days."

I doesn't explicitly say, we dont have to come in stamping... Its more like an implied message...

gc

i did not get the email but i got the letter with exactly the same message. went for stamping and it is done. i think stamping will not harm anything. my i485 was approved a month ago , still waiting for the card. please share with us if you got your plastic card. thanks,
utkisa

I got my plastic card around 4/10. No passport stamping. Two weeks from I-485 approval to card-in-hand. Of course, code 3 biometrics were done 1 week before I-485 approval.

It is up to you to make an appointment if you want to have your passport stamped evidencing your LPR status. It is not necessary or mandatory. It's necessity is up to you. If you can't wait until you receive your card and you have to travel outside the US soon, obviously you would need to have a temporary I-551 or a stamp in your passport to prove that you have been granted the status of an LPR.

Got my stamping done today

I got my stamping done today (with infopass appointment). It was very smooth and took about 5 minutes.

IndoKiddo

Can you tell me what are the documents that you took for the stamping.
Should I take W2s, paychecks and anything else?