No Stamping in HARTFORD....but stamping in ALBANY

searching_help

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I recieved my courtesy approval copy yesterday ( actually my friend who lives in Hartford recieved it, because I moved to Albany ) so thought of going to Hartford and get the stamping done, went to friends place yesterday and stayed there, in the morning at around 7:50 we went to Hartford office, the line was not too long, at exactly 8:00 AM they started taking us in. We went to the 4th floor as mentioned in the approval notice. The security guard at the 4th floor told us that they are not doing the stamping today, they will take the documents and will call us. I thought instead of coming back to Hartford again from Albany for the stamping , I can try for the stamping in ALbany so I left the Hartford at 8:30 , reached the Albany at 12:00 went directly to the INS office ( just 2 miles away from my home ). The office was empty, the security guard gave us a token number , in 5 min a lady called up our number, we went to the window told her that we have come for the stamping , she asked for the Approval notice , EAD card, AP if we have, I-94, passport. We gave all to her , she took our siganture and finger print and stamped our passport. I also told her about my new address. She noted that down and told us that card will arrive in 6 months time. The stamp is valid for one year. The whole process took 10 minutes. So guys if Albany is not too far for you , you can go there for stamping , atleast they are doing it on the spot, no security check.

Smart Move

searching_help, when you noticed that they were not stamping in Hartford, can you still walk away without giving them the papers? Apparently you did. Was there any trouble? Also your approval notice must indicate that you do the stamping in Hartford, did the lady in Albany ask you any question regarding this?

Congratulations!

upsidedown as I mentioned that when I went to the

4th Floor office in Hartford , the security gurad told us that they are not doing stamping, there was a line of about 15 peoples waiting to go inside the room, so instead of wasting my time to go inside and confirmed this with the officer, I left the hartford and came to Albany, the lady at Albany didn\'t asked anything about us not doing stamping at Hartford, she just took our approval notice and all the documents and stamped the passport.

Thanks for posting the details.

Smart move. If Hartford refuses to stamp my PP (when I get the approval), and if I have to go to Albany for that, I will change my name from Husky to "All American" :)

(PS: CT is "Home of the Huskies" and Albany is an "All American" City)