No same day EAD in Boston

u123

Registered Users (C)
Received the following msg from Attorney:

"Boston, INS, announced yesterday that it will no longer issue EAD (Work Authorization) or AP (Travel Permission) on the same day the applications are made. Applicants will be given a notice and must wait 30 days.............."

dr_hangup

I believe someone on this forum ( 180DaysGuy) had mentioned that Boston office provides AP if you apply for it 30 days ahead of ur travel.

Scary !!!

That is really, really scary...I have already booked my tickets to go to india and was planning on going to the Boston office to get my EAD Renewal and AP, since I live close to there....Can you please confirm whether this is true or not..??

yes it is true

A friend of mine went for EAD renewal to boston.
He was told the same. I am travelling to india in december too. I hope this does not screw things up.
Please keep this thread alive and update at earliest.
fisa

I called up the INS office and the lady just confirmed that they do renew EAD and issue AP the very same day, at the Boston INS office.

u123

I am planning to go to Boston INS to get EAD/AP and my attorney said they are issuing on the same day.
How sure are you about this 30 days ?

this is what i was told

My friend would not be kidding.
He also mentioned 3 to 4 people ahead of him were surprised by this reply form the INS officer.
they take the money and papers and give you a receipt, saying you should hear within 30 days else come back to the local INS office

Re: dr_hangup

At least on 10/10/2002, they renewed my EAD on the same day. About the AP, I have read it on INS web-site, under Boston Field Office, OR some other web-site that they generally do it 30 days in advance.
Originally posted by phoaupkari
I believe someone on this forum ( 180DaysGuy) had mentioned that Boston office provides AP if you apply for it 30 days ahead of ur travel.

web site

like i said, ins.gov under boston office says they generally issue AP on the SAME day. there is no mentioning any 30 days there!

hoping_for_gc: where did you get this number? is that a Boston field office number or what?

For new/developing policies, do not rely on the web site - it may take weeks for them to update the page.

Call the Boston INS office directly and find out!

I found the no. from somewhere and tried calling them but no one lifts it and it keeps on ringing.

When I went to renew my EAD, I asked the lady about the phone and she said they are too busy to answer the phone. Or may be they don't want to lift it. :):)

Originally posted by GC012002
For new/developing policies, do not rely on the web site - it may take weeks for them to update the page.

Call the Boston INS office directly and find out!

IT IS TRUE !!

I went to the INS office in Boston today to get my EAD renewed and for AP, and they said that they don't do it the same day anymore, I requested her that mine was an urgent situation and I need to fly immediately, but they didn't heed, and said that she was sorry, but those were the rules from now on

CRAP..atleast they need to give a month's notice about this so that people atleast get it done b4 that, instead of giving a notice so abruptly.

oh man this is so screwed up......

So did she mention how long its going to take for approval or if there is any other procedure that we can follow to hasten the process in such urgent cases.
i have the tickets and all for december.

If you apply the AP to VSC, expect at least 30 days to process the application. My AP (renewal) has ND of Oct 05, no news so far!
EAD renewal was approved in 3 weeks though .... Not sure why it takes so long for AP renewal..

She said that it takes "ATLEAST" a month , and if we don't see any notice within one month, we can go to the Boston INS office and they will try tracing our case, don't know what that is supposed to mean. This is for both EAD renewal as well as for AP

It is true

I just contacted the lawyer and it is confirmed that they changed the rules late last week. Does anyone know the boston people can go to nearyby offices. Manchester or something else. I do not even know that the other centers will process them.