No same day EAD in Boston

u123

Registered Users (C)
Received the following msg from Attorney:

"Boston, INS, announced yesterday that it will no longer issue EAD (Work Authorization) or AP (Travel Permission) on the same day the applications are made. Applicants will be given a notice and must wait 30 days.............."

u123,

That's too bad! I have to go to local INS to find out by myself next week. I have an offer that waits on the EAD. I didn't file EAD to VSC, because I think it's faster getting it in local.

Will lawyer be able to get updates on policy by calling local INS?

x admin

india-usa,

>> Is it All INS offices or only Boston office?
>> and also If you apply with I-485 then can we go local office get EAD?
I do not know whether all INS local offices made similar changes.

I think you can get more info by calling local office.

Originally posted by x admin
u123,

That's too bad! I have to go to local INS to find out by myself next week. I have an offer that waits on the EAD. I didn't file EAD to VSC, because I think it's faster getting it in local.

Will lawyer be able to get updates on policy by calling local INS?

x admin

Originally posted by india-usa
How many days is taking to get EAD ?
I was told that the applicants will be given a notice and must wait 30 days. Please try to get more info from local office.

Just went down to Boston Local INS and get confirmed:

You apply EAD and they will notify you within 30 days about approval status. Then you need to show up and take photos and get EAD done.

P.S. Their time changed to closing at 12pm, not 1pm any more.

x admin

How to get EAD without 140 approval???

Hi, I saw you all posted here. I wonder if you can get EAD without getting I-140 appoval? Does it only apply to certain case (EBII, EBIII, NIW, etc.)?

Thanks,

Nick

As long as you filed I-485 and got a recipt, you can apply for EAD without I-140 being approved. I already have my EAD and I-140 is not yet approved.

thanks, a vhooloo , follow up question

Where i shall go? my I-140 filed with my NY address, but I moved to DC recently.
Any help will be appreciated very much.

Nick

File with the Vermont Service Center. Also file a change of address with them (Form AR-11 and telephone).
Details/Forms on ins.gov.

Question of Xadmin

Thanks to you for confirming this news i guess you are working close to Boston INS.

Can you please provide more detail about status check for EAD with in 30 days , are INS people going to inform you by mail with in 30 days about EAD processing or we have to call them is this is so do they have any number so we can check status over phone.

What about photos do we need to take photos our with us or Boston INS they will take photo there ????

Please Specify ...

Thanks,

MIB2 :confused:

MIB2,

INS will mail you a letter to inform you the EAD is approved and you need to show up. You have to take photoes in local INS when you show up. And your EAD will be done on that day.

x admin

This is great stuff!

Another backlog/screening/processing delay...

At least in the previous case of having an EAD the same day would've let the applicant of EAD know whether (s)he will get it or not. Now it's another new level in the waiting game...wait for 30 days to know your fate. The next thing you know will be that you case will be pending for 3 to 4 months and then a year, along with your I-140 and I-485.

We need more of these....

EAD and AP

Guys, read the following. This is from www. immigration-law.com

-----------------------------
No Same Day EAD and Advance Parole

There are news all over today that the local INS District Offices stopped issuing EAD and Advance Parole same day. This news includes the INS District Office in Minnesota. AILA has reported that the INS HQ apparently sent out an unpublished memo to the field offices not to issue EAD and Advance Parole same day. Apparently, issuance of EAD and Advance Parole are conditioned upon security clearance. This change includes not only employment-based cases but also all other cases including family-based proceedings. People should learn to deal with the ever-toughening immigration proceedings and to plan ahead of time for everything from now on. Life gets to be stressful and difficult.
--------------------------

Hi,

I have a question about EAD and AP. If I didn't apply EAD and AP when I filed I485 (so I'm still keeping my H1b status), can I go to Boston INS office to apply them later? I knew one could do it if he/she filed I485 through his/her spouse (dependent applicant). But for my case, I'm a "master applicant", can I still do it?

Thanks a lot!

Hey Guys,

Did anyone try the temporary EAD in any other local INS office. I am seeing quiet a few people from boston what about other centers?.

Regards