no rupnet approvals today - last week's

A few yesterday

I got approved yesterday - I had seen the status change nearly real time for the RFE issue, so used to check the status every 1/2 hour or so for the last month and half. It was a painful wait.

BTW, my case had quite a few complications:

Got married after applying for 485
AC21
Worked for a 1 man (myself) company
Never lived in NSC jurisdiction area

Seemed like a prime case for transfer but no, it got approved after a simple employment query RFE! All the best to you out there.

iamraka,
congrats!

a few questions -
- what is your RD/ND
- when did BCIS receive your RFE response
- Did you wife also get approved

Thanks a lot

Thanks googol. Here are the details:

RD: 10 Oct 2001
ND: 15 Nov 2001
FP: May 2002
RFE: 4/30/03
Reply to RFE recd: 6/4/03
AD: 7/28/03

Wife applied in 2002 about a year after I did so I guess it will take her at least another year to get approved. Seems they process the cases separately and she will probably get transferred.

Re: A few yesterday

iamraka

Congrats!!!

do u mind telling us more about "Worked for a 1 man (myself) company"

thanks and enjoy the time!

yager

Originally posted by iamraka

Got married after applying for 485
AC21
Worked for a 1 man (myself) company
Never lived in NSC jurisdiction area

Seemed like a prime case for transfer but no, it got approved after a simple employment query RFE! All the best to you out there. [/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! yes, could you shed

light on how this worked to work for self?
I thought under I-485 they need some secondary employer.
Who did your labor certification?
Thanks.

Thanks yager.

I have been working as a consultant (found projects on my own even when I was on an H1) ever since I came to the US. Have always maintained all the requirements of legal residency - figured it is easier to do it if I have more control over the cash flow (for salary). A colleague and I started a company last year - she is the sole stockholder/director. I was the sole employee. BTW, it was not legal for me have any stake in the company while 485 was pending.

For those who want to take this route pls have a backup plan if BCIS indicates that there might be problems because of the size of the corporation (remember, AC21 says nothing about size of new company - so the onus is on them to indicate that it is a problem). I had open offers to join a medium size co ($10 million) and a large coporation. The good thing about AC21 is that I could switch over to one of them if there were any issues. Thankfully, I didn't need to do it.

this is most interesting! there have been frequent questions along the lines of "can i work for myself?" mostly, the answer has been thought to be "no", as there seem to be some immigration rules which say that an applicant cannot self-sponsor (unless approved under alien of outstanding ability category), or have as sponsor an employer where the applicant or immediate family have a significant stake.

iamraka, was yours a case that just fell throught the cracks? if so, CONGRATULATIONS!

iamraka...

i think i posted my question just as you were posting your previous response. i think my curiosity has been gratified. once again, congratulations!