No RFE. Theory and speculation...

niladri30

Registered Users (C)
Haven't been coming to the forum for a long time.. so I apologize if this has already been discussed...

Noticing a lot of cases with no RFE these days.
What happened to the holy grail of USCIS asking for EVL if the EVL on file is more than one year old?

I see some people still getting the standard RFE, though.
But, all the no-RFE cases I have seen are either:
(i) same employer H1-140-485, or
(ii) AC21 but USCIS doesn't know.

Any data in support / against that phenomenon?

My case was an AC21 case with no RFE - I changed my job 3 times and informed INS everytime. Whether or not the AC21 letter reached my file - I do not know.

So the theory of all plain vanilla cases getting no RFE doesn't hold true for all cases. Mine for sure is a choclate case, if not rocky road. :)

- GCDz

Informed the INS

I changed jobs twice. Informed the INS first time. No RFE. Though again, I have no idea if my documents ever reached my INS file.

No offences but personally I feel its a waste of time to theorize on INS actions..:). My belief INS is too dumb to follow any calculated path.

Colleague has stayed with the same company H1-140-485. Changed home address a few times in the same county. Still got an RFE. 3 Pay stubs, 3 year tax returns, EVL.

My friend is the same

My friend did not change job along the way, only changed address 3 times in the same county. But got 1st FP in one place and 2nd FP in another place (all still in the same county). And even worse, RFE for EVL, W-2 and pay stubs. He is a NIW-case, no need for sponsor... Do not know how long to wait due to the strange processing order in CSC... :confused: :mad:

It think its beacause of the "Yates" memo as suggested by mygcwaiter100, my observation is after this memo the RFEs are pretty much gone.