No receipt notice, but receipt number??

Lunastar

Registered Users (C)
Hey,
I filed my I-485 and I-765 more than a month ago, and never received a receipt notice. I called the USCIS, and they gave me the receipt number for the I-765. The status on the web site shows "Your application's been received, and a receipt notice's been sent".
I have made an infopass appointment now, as "request for information". Do you think it's possible for me to go that day with my receipt number, and have the biometrics done??

Please anyone with any info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:)

P.S.: No checks have been cashed yet, though (?) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunastar said:
Hey,
I filed my I-485 and I-765 more than a month ago, and never received a receipt notice. I called the USCIS, and they gave me the receipt number for the I-765. The status on the web site shows "Your application's been received, and a receipt notice's been sent".
I have made an infopass appointment now, as "request for information". Do you think it's possible for me to go that day with my receipt number, and have the biometrics done??

Please anyone with any info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:)

P.S.: No checks have been cashed yet, though (?) :(
If you check has not been cashed yet, how can they give you a receipt #? Don't trust 800#. Call them again you will get different answer every time.

My checks have been cashed today, I guess they produced the receipt number before out of a mistake.

Still, do you think I can use that receipt number, and go to my local USCIS office and get the biometrics done???

Please anyone with any info....

Lunastar,

You need the original notice of action (which will be stamped as proof that biometrics were done) in order to go to perform the biometrics. However, if the checks were cashed then the NOA's are also on their way, you should receive them in the mail very soon.

Thanks for the info :)
My NOA's were in the mail today.
I got an infopass appointment at my local USCIS office. Will I be able to do the biometrics with that appointment, or am I going to have to get one in a different place?

You seem to have gotten an appointment for the biometrics really fast, may I ask where you did them?

Thanks a lot!

04/11/2005 Forms sent (Chicago Lockbox)
04/13/2005 Forms received
04/18/2005 forms rejected (bad check name)
04/25/2005 forms sent back to me
04/27/2005 forms sent to USCIS
04/29/2005 forms received again
05/27/2005 checks cashed
05/28/2005 Received NOAs for I-130, I-765, I-485

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have another problem, all of the NOAs have the same receipt number (?) which is different than the one I got over the phone.

When I try and add this number online, is says that it doesn't exist.

I hope there's no problem there....

Anyone with the same problem?

Lunastar said:
Thanks for the info :)
My NOA's were in the mail today.
I got an infopass appointment at my local USCIS office. Will I be able to do the biometrics with that appointment, or am I going to have to get one in a different place?

You seem to have gotten an appointment for the biometrics really fast, may I ask where you did them?

Thanks a lot!

04/11/2005 Forms sent (Chicago Lockbox)
04/13/2005 Forms received
04/18/2005 forms rejected (bad check name)
04/25/2005 forms sent back to me
04/27/2005 forms sent to USCIS
04/29/2005 forms received again
05/27/2005 checks cashed
05/28/2005 Received NOAs for I-130, I-765, I-485
The biometrics are scheduled by calling the 800 number listed on your NOA for I485 and/or I765, not through Infopass. Also, in some jurisdictions, the local USICS office and the Application Support Center (ASC, where the biometrics are taken) are in two separate locations (I understand the biometrics processing is done by contractors, not USICS employees).
I did my biometrics at the Newark ASC. Initially the appt was for much later but I called the 800 number again and managed to move it to an earlier date.

Thanks a lot for your information, I am calling tomorrow to the 800 number and hoping for the best. I'll keep the infopass appointment, just in case :p

Thanks!