no receipt notice after file I-140 two months

tigerlee

My lawyer said all he got is a copy of cancelled check and case number on the back of it. He never received the I-140 receipt notice.

What can I do at this time? My lawyer said INS rarely send out a duplicate copy. Is it true?

Can I still file I485 concurrently w/ the canceled check?

My I-140 was applied in Dec 2002. Still havn't received the receipt. However do have the receipt number from the check. The lawyer sent them coupld of letter in last one year but no response. He says nothing to worry.

It is about time the app is approved but still do not have the receipt...

How do you guys know whether the INS received your applications.
Is'nt it possible that the INS nevered received or filed them and that they are lost (I dont know where)
You guys need to find out in some way that your applications have made it to the processing queue.

Rasmeek

RE: Receipts

You must keep a track of all your receips, I do not buy this kind of information, INS does issue receipt notices, please follow up and ensure you have your receipts with you, never know when you need them...

Thanks

canceled check has the case number

I called the USCIS customer service. Their policy is that the system says they have aleady sent the receipt, therre are not gonna to re-send it. Does not matter you've actually received it or not. Typical INS BS.

Is there any cases that the receit is useful?

May be the I-140 receipt went to employer instead of lawyer and ur employer is not aware of this or is not telling you.

hi
i applied for I140/485 concurrently on feb 11 of 04. they received 13th of feb and sent a notice on 22nd of february. I 140 goes to employer only( who ever is the petition). i got i485 notice EAD notice etc., on the same day.