no receipt mail from USCIS for I-140 RFE response

microdev1

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 RFE response was sent on Feb 18th'05.
Its been 6 days and I haven't received any mail from USCIS stating that they have received the response. No LUD update also.
I also got RFE on 1-485 and it was replied on Jan'05. I got the receipt mail for that reponse next day.
Is it normal not to receive a mail from USCIS as RFE response receipt ?

I also want to know the answer, since I am ready to send the RFE back.

Related to RFE, is it wise to hold your documents until two weeks before the deadline? I heard one of my friends said so and some lawyers also recommend it. They think it give the impression that the petitioner takes efforts to prepare documents. Does it really matter?

I checked my RFE response status by phone. It also says that RFE sent on Dec 1st.... It did not say that RFE response was received.... etc etc...
What should I do ? Do I need to worry about it ?

I got an RFE request for I140 as well in Dec. I did reply on Feb 14th, and no reciept as yet nor LUD.

Spoke to my lawyer and he said usually they do not send reciept for RFE.

Hope this helps.

chips

I got the RFE for my I-140 on 13-Jan-2005 and my lawyer has sent response to CIS sometime during first week of Feb 2005, and here is the update on tehir website, and no change message after that. My case was filed under EB2 category.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On February 11, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 350 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

chips_80 said:
I got an RFE request for I140 as well in Dec. I did reply on Feb 14th, and no reciept as yet nor LUD.

Spoke to my lawyer and he said usually they do not send reciept for RFE.

Hope this helps.

chips

chips_80,
Can you tell details of your RFE ?
I am trying to evaluate if type of RFE has any effect.
Mine is substitute labor, EB3. RFE was for ability to pay and I was also asked for originals of education docs.

Hi Microdev1,
When CSC asked you to send your original education documents as part of the RFE,
did you submit the originals? I mean this sounds crazy on their part to ask
for the originals because it would be very difficult for us to get our originals
from them or from universities especially in India (if you are from there!).
Can we instead submit university certified copies in sealed envelopes in lieu of
the originals? What did you do and what did your attorney advise?
Off late, I am noticing many RFEs from CSC for original EDU docs and I just want
to be prepared.

Thanks...

microdev1 said:
chips_80,
Mine is substitute labor, EB3. RFE was for ability to pay and I was also asked for originals of education docs.

I did submit my originals. I don't think we have any choice here.
My attorney did submit a pre-paid FedEx return envelope so that USCIS guys can use that to return originals.
My attorney adviced me to submit originals and told that I will get them back.
I submitted original marksheets of few semesters, degree certificate etc.
And they also asked for contact info of someone in my university (in India) so that thay can verify... I gave them that too.

Here is the email from my company attorney to my HR dept on my I-140 RFE. I have taken copies of all statement of marks and degree and diploma certificates, W2s , educational evaluation certificates (all - color copies from KINKOS) and mailed it to my lawyer, and my lawyer has certified all my color copies as the copies are looking like original and mailed the documents along with her response letter to CIS. No update or RFE after that Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Attorney to HR dept:
1. Evidence on the beneficiary's education submitted was incomplete. The transcript listing the subjects completed and grade for each was not submitted. (We have the transcripts but would appreciate your asking <My Name> if he has legible copies. Some of the copies we have are not very good).

2. Please submit evidence to establish that the beneficiary possesses the education from <Names of Universities> listed on the Form ETA750. We submitted the degree certificates already, and will send the transcripts, but if < My Name> has better copies of his transcripts, that would help.

CIS specifies that evidence of education should be submitted on the institution's official letterhead or stationery indicating the courses taken and credits received, and any certificates or degrees.

CIS does not specifically state that they want originals from the schools, but we are wondering if that is what is being asked for? Can you ask <My Name> how hard it would be to get original transcripts from the schools?

3. CIS has also requested the date of hire with <My Company Name> and copies of <My Name> W-2 forms from his priority date of May XX, 2003 to the present. Could you please have <My Name> provide us with copies of his W-2s from 2002, 2003 and 2004.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

chips_80,

------------------------------

Hi Microdev,

I was not asked for my originals. But I was asked only "ability to pay" and my w2's from previous years. We did submit all the necessary documents and have not heard anything from them as yet.

Saif

chips_80,

----------------------------------
Hi Microdev,

I was not asked for any other documents other than "ability to pay" and my previous w2's. Mine was not sub. labor.

chips_80

Just now received mail from USCIS that they received my RFE response on 24th Feb. It is strange coz they actually received the response on 18th Feb.

I just recieved a reciept from the UCIS today via email as well. Now will wait and see what heppens and how long it will take.

Microdev1,

I think your case is similar to mine. Here are my details:

PD: 6/??/02
FP: 06/??/04
AP: 06/??/04
I140 and 485 concurrent filing ND: 04/??/04
LUD on I140: 3/1/05

Chips

485 RFE receipt question

When an RFE for a 485 is issued should i expect to get it as well or does the lawyer get it ?

My wife has an RFE on her 485 but we still havent received the letter from USCIS. Both my I140 and 485 were approved and I got my 485 approval notice within 3 days.