No progress for I-140 from August to Sept. 23 in VSC

The deplay in EB1 cases is verymuch frustrating and I read somewhere here that VSC will be closed till oct8th for auditing, donot know whats going on there, earlier I had seen cases getting approved in couple months. did anyone talked with IIO? or any input for the delay reasons????? highly frustrating procedure going on

transfer of cases from texas

Hi all,
During feb 2002 thousands of cases from texas service center were transferred to vsc with reciept dates around mid feb.I guess this is the main reason for the delay and ofcourse to add to it we had the IBIS test introduced around the same time. Hopefully they should clear them and go ahead with processing of our cases.

As a follow up to skusa on the audit:

Guys, any idea what this means????

Further Slow Down in Processing at INS Likely Due to Annual Audit

As previously reported, INS has experienced delays in processing in recent months due to new procedures and enhanced security. Further delays are likely as INS offices around the country conduct their annual audit. As of September 23, 2002, general file movement will be restricted and delays are expected through October 8, 2002. Specific procedures among regional Service Centers vary.

According to AILA, the California Service Center (CSC) will continue to adjudicate cases and generate notices. Critical file movement, including premium processing and urgent cases, will be treated as exceptions to the general freeze. However, inquiries that require file movement will be delayed until the audit is over if they require file movement for a response or resolution.

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has also ceased internal/external file movement. VSC will have the ability to move premium processing cases and expedites in extreme emergencies. Noting the exceptions above, approval and denial notices will not be issued throughout the audit. However, VSC will continue to issue RFEs (requests for additional evidence).