No plastic card received

laker99

My I-485 was approved on 6/28/04, Passport was stamped on 7/6/04.
Four months passed, have not reveived plastic card till now. Call 1-800-number twice, but no change.

Anyone have any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

RD 8/26/02
AD 6/28/04

What is online msg says? Card Ordered?????

Write a letter to your service center, tell them about it. use copy for ur record, and every month send a letter and keep call 800, untill u receive it.

Sanerio 1. may be they haven't mailed yet somehow. what is online message says?

Sanerio 2. They mailed but somehow mail was undelivered , remember all undelivered mail sent back to USCIS and they put back in file. so may be address mistyped or somthing issue. it can be solved.

Sanerio3. They sent u card, mail delivered sucussfully. but by mistake someone else address. thats is worst sanerio I pray it wouldn't happened.
that make you to apply for duplicate card. and this is headache.

Good LUck and keep sending letter and calling 800

online message no change

PrinceofJungle,
Thank you for your suggestion.
The online message shows I-485 approved only, no change till now.
I did got a form from local INS, I filled it and sent to TSC to check the status. It's a pain I have to call them every month, but my family got their cards three months ago.

Infopass

I got my cards by exactly two weeks.It may also depends where you got the stamping.

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

As per the above info on their website, its more than 60 days since you got it stamped. 800 is not going to help you.

Take the infopass appointment and talk to the immigration officer directly with the printout from their website.

Hope this helps.

What does it means 'If you were granted permanent resident status'? An I-485 approval notice means 'granted permanent resident status' or passport stamping means 'granted permanent resident status'? please clarifiy it.

Thanks!

'If you were granted permanent resident status'

Means approved permanant residence status to stay and work in USA, by either consular processing at home country or approved 485 in USA.

485Freedom, thanks

So even if I don't do my passport stamping, I should get my plastic card in 60 days, is this correct?

No...

If (485 Approved in USA){
Get Passport Stamped
If (Passport Stmaped){
Get Green Cards by mail}
}

While passport stamping in USA you need to submit your approval and other docs and Photos to get GC or plastic cards.

If (Consular process){
Attend interview at home country.
Get the immigration stamp.
They will give the sealed envolope to submit at port of entry.
Give it to immigration afficial at port of entry.
I guess they take your picture or you have to give the pictures to them.
You get the palstic cards by mail
}