No Photos

kfa

Registered Users (C)
I sent my N-400 to TSC 6/21, received 6/26 checks not cashed yet.
I just found out that there is "photo" requirements that is no where in the N-400 instructions. Accordingly I did not send any photos, nothing Just the N-400 filled out and the check for 400$.
Please advise? will that disqualifies my application, or will they send me request for additional evidence?

thanks

It is not end of the world, but it will cause delays...

Ulitmatelly, it is not a deal-breaker, except for the fact that you will have to wait more and experience more INS bureacracy.

I think that INS will not return your money, but they will send you NOA saying that you need to send them photos. Certainly, this will cause delays in processing (probably 1-2 months).

If you are a bit more proactive, you can try to reach out to INS, send them photos even before they ask etc. But, you will need at least your case number (maybe even A# could work), so you need to call 1-800.....

Good luck!

P.S.: I am a little shocked that you did not see photo requirement, because it is listed prominently on USCIS web site (N-400 form), guide etc. My big advice - do not take N-400 process lightly. This is not like a cell-phone application.

P.S.: I'm not a lawyer. I'm not an immigration expert. This is not a legal advice. I'm just an ordinary guy and you are responsible for the actions you take.

Last edited by a moderator:
The M-476 guide to naturalization does mention photos, but it incorrectly shows the old style 3/4 face pose. You actually need to send two regular 2" passport photos taken full face with a white background.

Somewhere on the USCIS website there is a page describing the current requirements.

Here are the instructions for pictures:

Special Instructions:

Effective August 2, 2004, USCIS has changed its requirements for photographs to a standard passport-style photograph. Please see this informational flyer for more details.

Use this link to get to the informational flyer which has the new photo information:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/n-400.htm

LKBECTZ said:
There are 2 photos(size:2x2) request on the document check list on Guide to Naturalization. Sice you didn't sent, they may return your application with $400, you need to submit again with 2 photo, or they accept with the missing evidence on your initial NOA, request sent REF right away with their cover sheet or bring upon Interview. You can call 1-800 customer svc, but may not help. Just wait. Currently may take a month to receive inital NOA cause USCIS recently receive a large volume of applications.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=218829

Called the 800 # today, nice officer told me nothing you can do about it now,
One of 2 things,
1. they'll send the whole thing back to you
2. or tell you bring them over in the interview,
asked which center, office etc..
said in Dallas they're at 14 month processing anyways (indicating that delay would be relatively diluted)
Said once you're checks clear, call we'll give you receipt #
takes 6-8 weeks he added..
However from all the threads I read, last was PD 3/8/06,
the time frame is almost always < 30 days..
the last thread in Dallas was 4 mo from Application to interview..
Alsow what is a "priority date?"