no passport stamp anymore?

green_2005

Registered Users (C)
I called the emergency line about my wife's case. I was told that her case was approved. Since they took her photo during fingerprinting, they are going to send us the greencard directly. She does not need to have the passport stamped. This is new to me. Anybody heard of this? Her online status is not changed.

I got my physical GC in mail, two weeks after GC was approved. I did biometrics about 1 week prior to I-485 approval.

It seems passport stamping is being skipped when biometrics are available to produce physical card.

green_2005 said:
I called the emergency line about my wife's case. I was told that her case was approved. Since they took her photo during fingerprinting, they are going to send us the greencard directly. She does not need to have the passport stamped. This is new to me. Anybody heard of this? Her online status is not changed.

green_2005

Did your case got approved before?

Did you give Biometrics or you have gone for stamping?

master_chari,

My case was approved earlier, although we submitted the applications at the same time. I went through passport stamping.

one more question...

green_2005

Firstly, I appreciate you for taking time to write on the forums even after you got your GC. Which is great. And sorry for pestering you with one more request.

I am trying to relate my case to your case. I am detailing steps of my case and can you detailed the steps of your case? So that I can compare...

Step 1. I and my wife gave FP (10 fingerprints) on Feb 17.
Setp 2. My wife ONLY gave Biometrics (10 fps, Index fp, photo, sign) Mar 03.
Step 3. Until today I haven't gotten notice for my biometrics.
Step 4. Until today none of us got the approvals.

Thanks,
master_chari.

master_chari,

My WAC number is 03018xxxxx. I do not think you can get much information from my case. My wife's case should have been approved if they had not sent in the wrong A# for her figureprints earlier. Anyway, I did the second FP in 8/2004. I was approved shortly after that.

Good luck.

master_chari said:
green_2005

Firstly, I appreciate you for taking time to write on the forums even after you got your GC. Which is great. And sorry for pestering you with one more request.

I am trying to relate my case to your case. I am detailing steps of my case and can you detailed the steps of your case? So that I can compare...

Step 1. I and my wife gave FP (10 fingerprints) on Feb 17.
Setp 2. My wife ONLY gave Biometrics (10 fps, Index fp, photo, sign) Mar 03.
Step 3. Until today I haven't gotten notice for my biometrics.
Step 4. Until today none of us got the approvals.

Thanks,
master_chari.
I also have somewhat similar case. My wife, daughter and I have the same 485 RD/ND. Wife and I did our first FP back in May/June 04. Surprisingly, only my daugther (5yrs) and I got the Biometrics notice not my wife. We did it on 3/30/05. No news yet.

My 140 was approved on 3/28/05.

sangam,

Thanks for the post. Can you give me little more details like PD etc?

Some people get second FP may be because the first one is not okay for USCIS. But, nowadays, instead of FP, we are getting Biometrics code 3. In my wife's case, it is just a week after she got second FP. So it could be for "correction".

In your case, that may not be the problem, since you have at least a few months between first and second FP. Since it is not 15 months yet, I firmly believe your approval is not very far.

Good luck!
master_chari