no Online status of N-400

ieu1970

I filed N-400 and received a notice on 12/10/2003 indicating that they recived the fee and my application is in processing. (form says 730 days)
There is a Application Number that starts with SSC*

I cannot check the status online with that number. Is it normal?

I live in NC and file to TSC...

When shoudl I expect the finger print notice? Does calling TSC help to check status?

Thanks for any help ...:confused:

You should expect a fingerprint notice sometimes this month or next.
You also should be able to track your case online with the receipt number that you have although you are not likely to get any singnificant information from that.
Ojay

We did apply on 10/11/2003 and only got notification saying that our application was received. Is there a number to check the status?? We live in NC and have applied with TSC only..

Originally posted by ojay
You should expect a fingerprint notice sometimes this month or next.
You also should be able to track your case online with the receipt number that you have although you are not likely to get any singnificant information from that.
Ojay

Ojay,

Does this mean that I contact to INS Help-line and chekc the status and ask why I cannot see the status online or wiat for another month or so...

Thank you very much btw responding my message...

IEU

no need to worry

Relax, dude. Keep this up and you'll end up with white hair sooner than you can say "Homeland Security". :)

My N400 case was a lot like yours now. In fact, my online status message NEVER - and I mean NEVER got updated or changed (the message being "Information on this case can not be found at this time" - or something like that). From the day they received my application till the day they interviewed me - they never bothered changing the online status.

So, if I were you, I'd take that online status thing with a grain of salt.

By the way, I'm from California. Good luck.

Yes i do agree, dont bother about this online status thing, it does not help you in any way, the info you get from it is probably what you know anyways.
Since your check has been cashed and your application was not returned, things are looking good for you, just a little more patience and you should be scheduled for your FP.

I am in the same boat, that is, no online status of N-400.
I applied 12/03, got fp notice and did the fp in 1/04.

I guess they dont border upgrading the info on their website too often.

But, we applied in 10/03 from NC, so we should have atleast received the notification for FP right?? No word yet, also, do they give the date for which you have to taker FP or what??

Originally posted by pamarao
But, we applied in 10/03 from NC, so we should have atleast received the notification for FP right?? No word yet, also, do they give the date for which you have to taker FP or what??

I feel you should have got at the least a fingerprint notice. On the receipt you received there should be a ESC*nn.. number. You may want to use that to check online status. Of course, as people say even that is flawed. Good luck.