no oath letter after interview

sssnr

Hi all,

I am new to this board - please bear with me while I give a brief history on my case.

Had my citizenship interview on Nov 14 2008 and passed it. The officer noted that in my birth certificate, my name was spelt differently than all my other records (my birth certificate is the only record where my name is spelt that way). I did have an affidavit with the correct name spelling , but he said that it is not enough. Anyways, he told me it is no big deal. I will just not be able to attend the oath cermony that day, but I will be sent a letter by mail within a month and then I will have to apply for change of name in front of a judge. It has been 3 months now and I have not received the letter yet.

I contacted the USCIS office this morning and they have initiated a service request and asked me to give it a months time. Has anyone been thru' a similar experience before? If so, can you please share ideas or advise? Even though I have initiated a service request, would it still be a good idea to visit with an officer via INFOPASS ? Would that make a difference at all?

Thanks for any input/opinions.

Hopefully the service request will make someone look at your file. Give it some time.

They have 120 days to make a decision.

Hi all,

I am new to this board - please bear with me while I give a brief history on my case.

Had my citizenship interview on Nov 14 2008 and passed it. The officer noted that in my birth certificate, my name was spelt differently than all my other records (my birth certificate is the only record where my name is spelt that way)..

Don't remmeber birth certificate is required document for N-400 package

Why did the IO ask for your birth certificate?

I was asked for it during my interview. There was a discrepancy in my name in the BC form the one in my GC, but I presented an affidavit from mother and aunt, stating my full and correct name. The IO accepted this and moved on to the rest of the interview.

All depends on the IO interviewing you I guess. But yes, people do get asked for the BC every now and then.

AP