no news for almost 90 days

Jason123

Registered Users (C)
After almost 90 days of my AOS interview,I have not heard anything form immigration. Can any one tell me what is going on with my case? Security and name check has been clear long before the interview. We answer every single question correctly. Offical took my I-94. Offical say she need more time to review the case. Had 2-3 Infopass request for case status. I was told the that my case was under review. I had send an inquiry letter more than 45 days ago. Well, not respond. Does any one have the same situation I am in? What should I do?

Yeah, I'm in the same situation as you. I just sent in an inquiry letter a few days ago. Had my interview June 13th. The immigration officer said everything of mine is cleared (including my mom's, who I'm going through, she married a USC). She said the case is just awaiting a supervisor's approval and that all the background checks are cleared for both of us... Do I have to wait for USCIS to reply with the usual "please wait 6 months" and then write letter to my congressman/senator and if they come up with nothing then sue? I've already defered my admissions to college for 6 months (they said they'd defer me for a year if nessesary, they know the situation I'm in). I really want to get my damn green card by then, can I do all of this in 6 months? Also my GF has recieved her fingerprint notice for naturalization. We've already talked about marriage, she thinks that maybe it would be faster for us. And coincidently that's probably 6 months away... but going through the whole process again and we don't want to get married until after graduation. The school has my need-based funds at bay (which covers pretty much all of my expenses), they just can't give it to me until I show them my green card.... Wanna start a revolution anyone???

Could this help at all?

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason123 said:
Does any one have the same situation I am in? What should I do?

Guess what? My interview was back in October 2005, and still nothing. 4 infopasses, 3 phone calls, 1 mailing inquiry,.... I received a letter a month ago saying that my case is still under review and if I don't get anything in 90 days to contact them again :mad:

Estrella77 said:
Guess what? My interview was back in October 2005, and still nothing. 4 infopasses, 3 phone calls, 1 mailing inquiry,.... I received a letter a month ago saying that my case is still under review and if I don't get anything in 90 days to contact them again :mad:

That doesn't make her problem any less then your's or mine's. Instead of being angry, or sarcastic towards each other blame the agency that's causing all of this. Yeah, there's a "line" up until the point of the interview after that... it's all up for grabs. Your case isn't more "important" because it's older, it only reflects USCIS' incompetance and negligence. I don't get why we just don't band together and file a class action?

Greencard Approved after 2nd interview

Hi guys,

I was in the same situation. First Interview in Chicago in beginning of June, under review for three months.

I exercised enormous pressure on USCIS by calling the hotline, three infopass, senators enquiry and finally, I had another government branch enquire into my case. Then at the end of August we received a Stokes interview letter for beginning of September.

I changed my lawyer, hired a top law firm, went to the interview with two lawyers and my wife and passed it. My green Card is on its way now...

Good luck !

newinamerica said:
Hi guys,

I was in the same situation. First Interview in Chicago in beginning of June, under review for three months.

I exercised enormous pressure on USCIS by calling the hotline, three infopass, senators enquiry and finally, I had another government branch enquire into my case. Then at the end of August we received a Stokes interview letter for beginning of September.

I changed my lawyer, hired a top law firm, went to the interview with two lawyers and my wife and passed it. My green Card is on its way now...

Good luck !

Another government branch? What agency is that? I'd like to contact them, do you have the number?