No Need of local PCC for Mumabi

bigblue

Registered Users (C)
I\'ve called up the consulate last night to ask about the requirements around local PCC. The operator clearly said "If you are staying in US, only the PCC issued by local Indian consulate would be sufficient"

Has anyone else tried...

I\'ve also sent an email. If they reply, that will help as a proof during the interview

What about people being sent back from interview to get local PCCs. They where working on H1 in US

Everything very confusing. My P3 clearly says to get local PCCs.

local PCC is reqd.

When I called up Mumbai consulate first time then they told me to collect PCC from Indian consulate in US and no need for local PCC.
That is why I never bothered about it but when I sent an email regarding my interview date they asked me to collect local PCC and P$ also clearly states that.
So in my opinion it is a must now.

Local PCC is a must

Do not believer the operator. I know a few other people who had called before their interview and when they got there they were asked to go back and get it. So make sure you have local PCC

regarding packet 4

If you recall I had posted the details of the P4 - however at that time I couldn\'t upload the image ... As I had said in that post, you need to read the contents of pkt 4 with some context - the pkt 4 is oriented only for local Indians apply for GC interview. This is clear from the PCC requirements which talks about two certificates One from local police station and the other from regional passport office. Nowhere there is mention of Consulate issued PCC. Likewise, the web-site is very clear on the requirements. All the same I have dashed an email and will let you know of the response. I may be wrong but this may very well be the case of storm in tea cup.

For people who were US residents and were asked to produce local PCC, could please give some background information -
1. like how long you had been US prior to interview date
2. did u get duplicate passport/etc
3. anything unusual to your case (can\'t think of more :)

No Title

I had my interview on May 22nd. Was asked to get Local PCC.
I have been in the US for last 8 years and spouse has been in US for last 9 years.
Both of our current passports were issued in the US. Inspite of all this we were asked to get Local PCC.

absolutely need local PCC

Guys,
please take the effort of getting the local pcc. The 2nd trip to the consulate without an appointment is a sheer waste. The local pcc is compulsory. I have been working and living in the US for past 8 years but they still insisted.