No more I-551 Passport Stamping ??

Magician said:
Vascan,
Thanks. My approval message on USCIS is still "standard" one. Please do post when you receive your approval notice message by post.

Hi magician,
I received my approval notice, which directs me to go to Federal Plaza,NY on friday.I'm going next friday(Nov 18).

I think PASSPORT stamping is GOOD for us, what if you loose your plastic card or something.... WE WOULD HAVE A BACK UP this way....

Congratulations Magician! I believe and envy you hehe. My RD is Jan 2002!!!? what a long wait huh? I had my 2nd FP last Sept 2004 and still waiting for the approval. I hope there will be no stamping anymore! :D

chikeroo said:
Congratulations Magician! I believe and envy you hehe. My RD is Jan 2002!!!? what a long wait huh? I had my 2nd FP last Sept 2004 and still waiting for the approval. I hope there will be no stamping anymore! :D
Chikeroo,
Thanks!! I would say if your case is pending from Jan 2002 then take a info pass and meet immigration office. Also call and talk to local congressman. Also set a status enquiry from INS calling them directly. No harm in trying...I hope something will definitely work for you. All the best !!!

vascan said:
Hi magician,
I received my approval notice, which directs me to go to Federal Plaza,NY on friday.I'm going next friday(Nov 18).
Thanks vascan. Yeah, it looks like they made error in my case. Anyway I have info pass for 3rd week of NOV to sort it out. All the best to you too.