No More EB Visas until Oct'07- Back from Infopass

srichalam

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I'm just coming from Infopass, Newark. I'm told my case is stuck still in Name Check. I did mailed FL couple of weeks ago and waiting for response.

But, the important thing is, even before she could check my case details, she was telling no more visas are available for Employment Based Cases, starting last Wednesday. She even confirmed the same with other Officer. Also said, whatever approvals that are coming through, are because those cases were already allotted the visa numbers.

I also heard another officer telling the same to another guy.

I'm waiting since july '03, really frustrating. It was good to see finally EB2s are coming out. May be they are the lucky ones with prior visa allotment. It's very scary to think if our name check is pending, and even now it clears, we won't get GC until visa numbers are available staring Oct'07 again.

On the otherhand, we all know the systems that IO at Infopass looks is not in sync with the respective Service Centers. One of my friend last week
(EB3) went to Infopass and was told NC pending for 4 years, (he kinda accepted coz his last name is very much subjected to NC due to Muslim Name). But you don't believe he got approval mails this week, and he was shocked to know.

May be that's too much to dream for everycase, but some are as lucky as that.

What are your thoughts?

she categorically said it's for all Employment Based. Because i was trying to convince that i'm from EB2. But that's what she said. I'm guessing in the next visa bulletin, probably we should hear the bad news.

Though cases like mine will always be current, since they can't retrogress upto 2003. But the point is even if one is current, unless there is visa availability you are still stuck.

This is same old Newark story, but people are getting approved. Yesterday I talked to TSC asked this question, they have no idea about VISA getting over.
Don;t know whom to believe.

If all the visa numbers are over because they have been assigned to pending cases, that's not a problem, because approvals will still continue to happen. It's only a problem for you if you know that your pending case has not yet been assigned a number.

can you please

write more about your friend.. who was stuck in name check BS for 4 years and got approved recently.

I am a muslim too and my name check was initiated on March 09, 2003 and still is not cleared.

I want to know from him/her if he/she did anything about clearing name check.

On my part, I wrote letter to FL and received letter from FBI that my name check is in process.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Guys,

I'm just coming from Infopass, Newark. I'm told my case is stuck still in Name Check. I did mailed FL couple of weeks ago and waiting for response.

But, the important thing is, even before she could check my case details, she was telling no more visas are available for Employment Based Cases, starting last Wednesday. She even confirmed the same with other Officer. Also said, whatever approvals that are coming through, are because those cases were already allotted the visa numbers.

I also heard another officer telling the same to another guy.

I'm waiting since july '03, really frustrating. It was good to see finally EB2s are coming out. May be they are the lucky ones with prior visa allotment. It's very scary to think if our name check is pending, and even now it clears, we won't get GC until visa numbers are available staring Oct'07 again.

On the otherhand, we all know the systems that IO at Infopass looks is not in sync with the respective Service Centers. One of my friend last week
(EB3) went to Infopass and was told NC pending for 4 years, (he kinda accepted coz his last name is very much subjected to NC due to Muslim Name). But you don't believe he got approval mails this week, and he was shocked to know.

May be that's too much to dream for everycase, but some are as lucky as that.

What are your thoughts?

she categorically said it's for all Employment Based. Because i was trying to convince that i'm from EB2. But that's what she said. I'm guessing in the next visa bulletin, probably we should hear the bad news.

Though cases like mine will always be current, since they can't retrogress upto 2003. But the point is even if one is current, unless there is visa availability you are still stuck.

Remember the quota for India / China etc in June was only 10K (7% of 140K)....
I guess they are referring to the quota of India / China etc getting used up....

Now, in July suddenly India / China quota shoots upto to 40K to 70K....
Think of it, USCIS could not handle more than 10K for India....in the month of June, in terms of approvals.....I wonder if USCIS has the manpower to exhaust 40K to 70K in the next 3 months....

I am betting the dates will stay current for the next 3 months July/Aug/Sep....thanks to USCIS inefficiency

Recently, USCIS issued a notice to suspend I140 premium processing....why would they not announce, if all EB visa numbers had been used up? USCIS is gearing up for the deluge of applications....

banta4gc:

You got a point, why would they stop milking money (premium 140), if they don;t expect the load.

hi akbari,

write more about your friend.. who was stuck in name check BS for 4 years and got approved recently.

I am a muslim too and my name check was initiated on March 09, 2003 and still is not cleared.

I want to know from him/her if he/she did anything about clearing name check.

On my part, I wrote letter to FL and received letter from FBI that my name check is in process.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Actually he didn't even bothered to check all the NC and crap because he is EB3 and it wasn't current. And i'm the guy who always trying to find ways to get clear out of NC. But once all EB3 become current this month, he started asking me advise and how to deal with NC etc.,

So i first asked him to find out if he is stuck in NC, then he went to Infopass 2 weeks ago and found his NC stuck since 2003. And he started taking from me all formats to write to Congressman etc., and wrote only to congressman 10 days ago.

But, all of a sudden he got "card production ordered" emails last sunday. Even i was shocked. The only thing i could think of is, by the time he went to Infopass, his NC might have just cleared, and Infopass systems might not have updated.

He is the real lucky fellow..... :)

Thank you very much- srichalam.

I think -- I have tried enough. So, the best thing for me is to wait.

All the best to you.

Take care.
Akbari

Srichalam & Akbari

Srichalam/Akbari,

Could you guys please let know about the format to write to congressman. I found whom I have to contact from my area and went to his website. There is an option to email him. Should we use that or do we have to fax or send information through mail. Also could you please give some idea about the content of it.

I am in EB3 category with a labour PD of March 2002.

Thansk,
Binoy.

Just write plain english

Srichalam/Akbari,

Could you guys please let know about the format to write to congressman. I found whom I have to contact from my area and went to his website. There is an option to email him. Should we use that or do we have to fax or send information through mail. Also could you please give some idea about the content of it.

I am in EB3 category with a labour PD of March 2002.

Thansk,
Binoy.

that's all.

Code:
Sir,

my I-485#xxxxx for permanant resident is pending since ....., and inspite of my best efforts, i couldn't get the current status of my case.

Please help me in getting the latest status info. from USCIS. 

blah blah....

Sincerely

Name & Address

Though i suggest to go to Infopass to find the reason for pending, and then contact congressman to pursue your case.

good luck

Just to give you some hope

Details
SUb Lab PD:04/28/03(EB3,VSC,INDIA)
I485/I140/EAD/AP RD:01/05/05
EAD/AP/140 AD:01/05
FP1:02/05
140 revoked 12/05
NOID:03/06 to use AC21
AC21 03/06
case moved from VSC to TCS 03/07
FP2 05/09/07
Again changed job AC21 06/07 (PD current for my case 06/07)
06/07/07 Called USCIS and came to know Name check pending from 02/05,donno how long it will take.
06/15/07 letter to congressman
06/18/07 wife(I am primary,Wife is beneficiary) opened SR because her name check is cleared,I called they refuse to open Service request because name check still pending called everyday to listen the same
06/25/07 sent letter to president,FL,FBI and everyone
06/26/07 wife called and spoke to TCS IO and asked why my case is not getting approved,she told your case will be approved soon mam,My wife asked how can you tell that my case will get approved?is some one working on that,she told no mam.Then how can u confirm that my case will get approved soon?She told again your case will be approved soon mam.
I called immediately,the same lady told its still pending because of name check and we can't do anything about it.hmmmmmmmm
06/27/07 called again told to call back on july 10th,then we will complete 60 days after 2nd Fp
on 06/28/07 at 8.40 wife checked status,no message change
at 9.40 i checked the status and thrilled to see production of cards ordered.
Donno when my name check cleared.But who cares I got approved.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Now that even

Rajiv is hinting about the possibility of Visa Non-availability, just pray the god guys, and hope for the best.

Details
SUb Lab PD:04/28/03(EB3,VSC,INDIA)
I485/I140/EAD/AP RD:01/05/05
EAD/AP/140 AD:01/05
FP1:02/05
140 revoked 12/05
NOID:03/06 to use AC21
AC21 03/06
case moved from VSC to TCS 03/07
FP2 05/09/07
Again changed job AC21 06/07 (PD current for my case 06/07)
06/07/07 Called USCIS and came to know Name check pending from 02/05,donno how long it will take.
06/15/07 letter to congressman
06/18/07 wife(I am primary,Wife is beneficiary) opened SR because her name check is cleared,I called they refuse to open Service request because name check still pending called everyday to listen the same
06/25/07 sent letter to president,FL,FBI and everyone
06/26/07 wife called and spoke to TCS IO and asked why my case is not getting approved,she told your case will be approved soon mam,My wife asked how can you tell that my case will get approved?is some one working on that,she told no mam.Then how can u confirm that my case will get approved soon?She told again your case will be approved soon mam.
I called immediately,the same lady told its still pending because of name check and we can't do anything about it.hmmmmmmmm
06/27/07 called again told to call back on july 10th,then we will complete 60 days after 2nd Fp
on 06/28/07 at 8.40 wife checked status,no message change
at 9.40 i checked the status and thrilled to see production of cards ordered.
Donno when my name check cleared.But who cares I got approved.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Wow dude, your dates are even beyond mine. So technically I did stand a chance to get approved and didnt...and now retrogression kicks in again on July 2nd or 3rd. I just hope my case stays current :(

What is meant by writing a letter to FL?
Where can I find the address and does any one have a format of the letter.

PD 10/02:EB3 India
485 RD 10/22/04
Stuck in Name Check