No Jobs In Canada

metaman

Registered Users (C)
After trying to find a job in Canada for about 18 months I am very close to giving up on Canada. I got 4 offers from US. I am not sure why I have a maple card that is absolutely useless.
Those of you in the US and looking for a backup , think again

metaman said:
After trying to find a job in Canada for about 18 months I am very close to giving up on Canada. I got 4 offers from US. I am not sure why I have a maple card that is absolutely useless.
Those of you in the US and looking for a backup , think again

Hi Metaman,

It is very much true, there is no jobs in canada.

Even I tried many companies for the past six months, but no response call, no response email, nothing.

Thanks
Arun

no Jobs in Canada?

Hi Arun and Metaman,
i'm also considering moving to canada as a PR next month and i'm worried about leaving my job here in the US and not being able to get one in Canada. What's your field of study?

Thankx for sharing the information.

Working in Canada for US company

Has anyone tried to work for a US company from Canada. i.e like telecommuting from Canada. With broadbad, teleconferencing, etc etc, telecommuting is a very viable option that can be negotiated with the US employer.

Is someone doing that currently. what are the experiences.

Working remote

Hi Sapota,
Working remote should work out pretty good. Many of my friends work remote from Toronto for my company, but fortunately for us we have a branch in Toronto and so they do not work from home. One person in my department (US citizen) works from calgary because her husband was transfered to Cangary from Texas.
Cheers

kaka,
Do not quit your job before you have a job in Canada. You may want to take a month off and look for a job in Canada. My experience is that I got offers ( 2 offers in 6 mmonths) for modest salary (65K accenture in vancouver, 60K IT consulting in Toronto). You may find more jobs if you are present in Canada. I did not take it because I make a lot more in US (not by conversion, but on an absolute scale and my wife works here in USA).
But you may have to wait up to 6 - 8 months for a good job.
Good luck

Metaman and others,
Even if one can work remotely for a US clients, he/she may need to travel atleast a few times to the client site in US.
If H1 visa has expired and one has canadian PR then what visa would they use to get into US? Now as much as I know one can apply for a new H1 after staying out of US for 1 year. How does the new H1 petition get affected if one travels occassionaly (say on B visa) during 1 year of staying outside US?

Jobs in canada

Thankx Metaman for the info; it's much appreciated.

metaman said:
kaka,
Do not quit your job before you have a job in Canada. You may want to take a month off and look for a job in Canada. My experience is that I got offers ( 2 offers in 6 mmonths) for modest salary (65K accenture in vancouver, 60K IT consulting in Toronto). You may find more jobs if you are present in Canada. I did not take it because I make a lot more in US (not by conversion, but on an absolute scale and my wife works here in USA).
But you may have to wait up to 6 - 8 months for a good job.
Good luck

marooti,
Its better to get a multiple entry B1 visa for short (1 month or under) visits to USA for business. I am not sure if any such visits will void your 1 year absence for a new H1b. Its a lawyer question.