No Interview notice for wife Just interview letter

GC2CS

Registered Users (C)
Today I have received my interview notice (I-797) and check list (N-659) and for my wife we have received only “Case file Review Notice / Interview Document Check List” letter (no I-797 notice).

Here is what the letter says:

After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed. Unless previously submitted, Please bring the below requested documents to your naturalization interview. Please do not mail in these requested items.

Along with original notice, please bring the applicable items listed below to your naturalization interview.

When I apply for N-400 I sent my and my wife application in one envelop is this reason why I did not get I-797 for my wife.

Any Help is appreciated.

When I apply for N-400 I sent my and my wife application in one envelop is this reason why I did not get I-797 for my wife.

Any Help is appreciated.

My wife and I applied together, but never received fingerprinting notices, interview notices, or oath letters on the same day. So it's not unusual for your situation to happen. You don't need to worry if your wife has done her fingerprinting.

Today I have received my interview notice (I-797) and check list (N-659) and for my wife we have received only “Case file Review Notice / Interview Document Check List” letter (no I-797 notice).

After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed. Unless previously submitted, Please bring the below requested documents to your naturalization interview. Please do not mail in these requested items.

Along with original notice, please bring the applicable items listed below to your naturalization interview.

Any Help is appreciated.

I think in a couple of days, your wife may also get interview letter. Otherwise, it's strange and you might need to call them or do infopass.

Yesterday, I also got the same notice as your wife did. My wife did not get any such notice (may be, she'll get soon). Of course, I fall into NYC DO region, so I don't expect interview letter any time soon (at least a couple of months more I guess) based on current processing times for NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any Help is appreciated.

Hey, did your wife get the Interview Letter yet?
I am also in the same situation :-(

I am San Antonio, TX. Here are my dates:

02/09/2009 : Mailed N-400 application for me & my wife
02/11/2009 : Application Received
02/11/2009 : Priority Date
02/18/2009 : Notice of Action received
03/03/2009 : FP Notice
03/04/2009 : My FP done (walkin)
03/05/2009 : My wife's FP done (walkin)
03/18/2009 : CFR Notice recived for my wife
03/26/2009 : I got my Interview Letter
04/30/2009 : Interview Scheduled

as of March 31, still waiting for my wife Interview Letter. Its funny taht my wife received the yellow letter not me but I got the Interview Letter but my wife is still waiting for it. :)

Hi guys,
I'm in the same situation

Me and my husband applied for naturalization on February, we both got I-797, FP notice received, FP- done(on the same date).
I got my Interview letter on 03/30/2009, Interview scheduled for 06/05/2009, 04/08/2009 -I received a yellow letter for additional documentation .
My husband still waiting for Interview letter(40 days after I got mine), is this a 'normal' situation (he got only a yellow letter for additional doc. 04/14/2009) , any idea?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just_me1- Any progress on your husband's case?

My wife received "yellow letter" today but i am still waiting?

----------------------
Employement based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 PD
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
x/xx/2009: IL (Pending)

Nope, no progress, at all. Today I got my interview,and everything was OK(10 minutes), but my husband is still waiting for his Interview letter. He called to USCIS, and they just said if his appl. is in within 7 months he has to wait for the Interview letter.

Hi guys,
I'm in the same situation

Me and my husband applied for naturalization on February, we both got I-797, FP notice received, FP- done(on the same date).
I got my Interview letter on 03/30/2009, Interview scheduled for 06/05/2009, 04/08/2009 -I received a yellow letter for additional documentation .
My husband still waiting for Interview letter(40 days after I got mine), is this a 'normal' situation (he got only a yellow letter for additional doc. 04/14/2009) , any idea?
Thank you in advance!

continued:
considering the above

May I apply for USA passport for my daughter (at this time only I'm a citizen) ???:confused:

Thank you "eltoro", but my daughter is a LPR(5 years) already. My question is do I have the rights to apply for USA passport for her, 'cause she is under 18 and at this time only I'm a citizen?

Thank you "eltoro", but my daughter is a LPR(5 years) already. My question is do I have the rights to apply for USA passport for her, 'cause she is under 18 and at this time only I'm a citizen?

If your daughter is under age 18, and you are a citizen, then your daughter is already a citizen. You can apply for a passport on her behalf without any problem. However, you have to apply for a naturalization certificate for your daughter to prove that she is now a US citizen. You will include this naturalization certificate with her passport application.

All minor children (under age 18) of immigrants automatically become citizens when their parent (s) take the oath of citizenship. But it is the parents' obligation to file the paperwork to obtain their children's naturalization certificates.