No Interim EAD's at local office.

may0503

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I heard that from 01-SEP-06 the local office will not issue the interim EAD's what are the options if the EAD application is pending at the service center and the current one expires.

Please respond.

Thanks,

This may answer your question

According the new public notice dated july 28
( Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/ under breaking news - new EAD procedure)

Effective October 1, 2006, local USCIS offices will no longer produce interim EACs. USCIS will issue all approved interim EADs from a central facility.

This is more EAC issue ( I-688 B) - so dont worry !

For EAD :

The discontinuation of locally produced EACs will not prohibit customers from using InfoPass to schedule an appointment for an interim employment document when USCIS hasn’t adjudicated the original Form I-765 within 90 days. Customers should take great care to attend all appointments, including biometrics appointments, and respond promptly to all requests for evidence sent from USCIS.
www.uscis.gov
Failure to attend a biometrics appointment, or failure to provide all required documents or information requested by USCIS will delay entitlement to an “interim card” and may re-start or stop the 90-day period.

may0503 said:
Hi,

I heard that from 01-SEP-06 the local office will not issue the interim EAD's what are the options if the EAD application is pending at the service center and the current one expires.

Please respond.

Thanks,

HI
I am in a similar situation, I had applied for my EAD and the uscis had sent a letter which was not delivered due to some postal errors and it went back
I had requested for the letter to be resent thru the customer service number as well as I had written to them to sent the letter so that I can act on it or issue an interim EAD...since 90 days have passed are there chances that I need to start over again on the whole process...???????

I am in the same boat as yours, i did not get the card. Iam following with service center. keep me potsed of the updates

I am in the same boat. Need an interim EAD before Oct 31st from USCIS chicago. Please post updates

I think immigration didn't realize (don't care) how many people will be affected by this new policy. I'm in a difficult situation at this moment because of it. Can anyone post some more info on how this could be resolved? Also if you know steps of issueing interim EAD from central office, please let us know!!!
As soon as I'll be able to figure out what to do I'll post it.

Possibly a wrong update on Case Status?

K_2005 said:
HI
I am in a similar situation, I had applied for my EAD and the uscis had sent a letter which was not delivered due to some postal errors and it went back
I had requested for the letter to be resent thru the customer service number as well as I had written to them to sent the letter so that I can act on it or issue an interim EAD...since 90 days have passed are there chances that I need to start over again on the whole process...???????
Are you sure this was not a wrong update about "notice not delivered"?
My son had a wrong update like this one. Read below for further details:
For my son's EAD application e-filed with National Benefits Center, after biometrics there was a wrong update in case status "Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by
the post office on Aug x". When he called the customer service immediately and informed them there has been no change of address, he got a confirmation number. He did not receive any notice thereafter. He called the customer service again after 30 days and this time they sent a letter "Case is still within our processing time; Regret any misunderstanding". Then finally after 70 days of the application date, the case status changed to "Case has been approved and card has been ordered". Within the next 3 days, EAD was delivered to our mail box without any further update on case status.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure whether the information is wrong I am just waiting for the 30 days to pass.If we call the NSC they are just loggin in the request and not able to give any further information.Planning to visiit the local immigration officer ,dunno whether it will be of any help????