No improvement at all.

Suit/Senator

My lawyer won't even discuss the issue of suit against TSC, they are not AILA members.

Wrote again to Senators Miller and Chambliss (GA), last week, no response so far. Wrote last year to Ashcroft/Ziggler (about TSC way behind than others), got response after 2 months stating they forwarded my mail to TSC.

We should have filed the petition (current) of TSC backlog compared to other centers, long time ago, instead of filing the finger-printing backlog petition (last year). Now, TSC would finger-print everybody and approve nobody.

I don't think we have much hope from the congress. Job market also is real bad, they could care less for foreigners at this time.

Why don't we consult Rajiv khanna or Murthy.

BTW Did you check the following regarding I-140:

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#2

http://www.immigration-law.com:

05/02/2003: BCIS Opinion of "Foreign Equivalent Degree"

On January 7, 2003, Efren Hernandez III, Director, Business and Trade Services, BCIS, wrote a letter in response to an attorney's written inquiry, in which he stated such requirement in the labor certification application can be satisfied by the proper credential evaluations service evaluations that the foreign degree or degrees are the equivalent of the required U.S. degree and it does not have to be a single foreign degree. In the context of the substitution of the employee for the approved labor certification, this opinion can help the substituting employee who does not have a degree in the required field but have multiple educational credentials that are evaluated by the foreign credential evaluation services as equivalent to the required U.S. degree. In the past, some adjudicators in the Service Centers denied I-140 petition when the alien failed to prove by a single degree that he/she had the required degree in the exact field of study.
However, people should be cautioned that the opinion appears to limit equivalency basis to "educational credential" only and does not encompass combination of education and experience which people often see in the H-1B petition. In other words, unless one proves by educational credentials such as diplomas, degrees, or credits earned at the educational institutions,which are evaluated to be equivalent to the U.S. degree in a given specific field of study, one cannot use his/her experience to meet the educational degree requirement. Apparently there are some misunderstandings on this point in the immigrant community and people call lawyers' offices to argue that Mr. Hernandez opinion allowed equivalency based on combination of education and experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayansgp :
Wrote again to Senators Miller and Chambliss (GA), last week, no response so far. Wrote last year to Ashcroft/Ziggler (about TSC way behind than others), got response after 2 months stating they forwarded my mail to TSC.

At least you got a response. My mails to the current BCIS director, asst. director, Dick Cheney, DHS folks where I had attached our signatures is unanswered so far. The only reply I got from John Cornyn (TX senator) was that he will enquire and reply. This was a month ago and no updates so far.

Ayansgp :
I don't think we have much hope from the congress. Job market also is real bad, they could care less for foreigners at this time.

I am getting the same feeling as well. By listening and reading about the recent news, bringing down the unemployment is absolutely necessary if Bush has to get re-elected. (My hypothesis) Why give foreigners jobs if there is so much unemployment among the US folks. If we don’t keep pushing for TSC approvals I think our cases will keep on dragging. If the govt. were interested about immigration (as they were in the late 90’s when there were companies pushing for immigration) we would have heard a reply or some action by now.

Fresh From www.immigration-law.com

05/06/2003: Signs of Thaws in I-485 Processing

I-485 processing has witnessed either a complete freeze or de facto freeze for quite a while. As we reported earlier, this was affected by the security measure and the call-in special registration. Now the war is over and the call-in special registration ended on April 25, 2003. Additionally, DHS has announced that there will be no more special registration which will be replaced by U.S. VISA program.
We see a sign of thaw in I-485 adjudications, and even if the BCIS online status check is not quite promptly updated, people will see in the mail approval notices. It will be a pleasant surprise. Stay tuned.