No I-140 how to track the status ?

aruna264

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

how will I find out if my I-140 is approved or not with out the receipt numer? Is there anyway to find out the status with out contacting the employer or a Lawyer ?

Thanks.

I-140 question help needed !!

Add to the above question..can I change my employer with out knowing the I-140 receipt number ?

You can still change employer unless you need 3 year H-1B extension based on I-140 approval. In that case use EAD to work for new employer. Please make sure that your new employer will provide support so that you are covered under AC21.

well I still got 2 more years of H1 left.
1. Can I just move on H1 and ask my new employer to maintain my EAD and H1?
2. In case I move from company A to company B and I-140 is not approved what will happen then ??
3. Do you think its a good idea to take the risk of moving on with out knowing the status of I-140 ?

Many thanks for your help !

Did you filed I-485? If not then you need some co-operation from the current employer about your pending I-140 to preserve the priority date. Your current employer should provide you with the I-140 approval notice.

Yes I-485 AND I-140 was filled concurrently last august got my EAD in Dec and had my finger printing done in Dec 2007.

Then you are all set to change employer without I-140 receipt number. Please wait till you get the I-140 approved. You can either use H-1B transfer or use EAD. Your new employer need to support the AC21 documentation.