No Green Card Yet

sanz72

Registered Users (C)
My Green Card got approved on 6th June, And I still have not recieved my card. I have taken several Infopass appointments, which obviously have not help yet.

Anyone in the same boat , any idea on what I should do now. I have had two biometrics since then one in July and another in mid August.

received green card for my wife and daughter but mine is still lost in mail, most probably sent to my previous address.

What does your online status say ?
What did Immigration officer told at infopass. Don't they stamp your passport ?

My Green Card got approved on 6th June, And I still have not recieved my card. I have taken several Infopass appointments, which obviously have not help yet.

Anyone in the same boat , any idea on what I should do now. I have had two biometrics since then one in July and another in mid August.

Finally after almost 7 months we got our green cards, during this time I had my biometrics taken 3 times, each time they said the biometrics were not uploaded to the system, when we finally saw the green card, the pictures were from the first biometric taken after the 485 Approval.

Anyways, 9 years and finally I have the card. Hopefully all of you will get your GCs sooner than it took me and my family to get.

Hi San72,

Congrats.

My situation is exaclty like yours.

I received my Welcome notice on Aug 10th and yet to receive my GC.

I have done Biometric 3 times so far. The last one was in Oct 2nd week.

During the Infopass the IO informed that the system is not updated with my photo.
I received Biometric notice for the 4th time and its scheduled for Jan 3rd week.

Any tips/recommendation from your experience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi San72,

Congrats.

My situation is exaclty like yours.

I received my Welcome notice on Aug 10th and yet to receive my GC.

I have done Biometric 3 times so far. The last one was in Oct 2nd week.

During the Infopass the IO informed that the system is not updated with my photo.
I received Biometric notice for the 4th time and its scheduled for Jan 3rd week.

Any tips/recommendation from your experience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

First of all, Dont wait for Jan 3rd week, Go and get your Biometrics taken as soon as you can. Explain it to the officer that your Biometrics are not uploaded into the USCIS system and it is the 4th time you are getting it done.

Secondly, take the infopass appointment again and and get your I-551 stamped on your passport for at least 6 months (or 1 year). Tell them anything e.g. your job requires you to travel internationally frequently or that you are buying a house and you may need to show I-551 stamp or the card itself ( I tried both and got my passport stamped for 6 months each time)

During your infopass appointment explain the immigration officer your situation and ask him if there is a way to trigger the Green Card Production. I know It is possible because they did it for me, most immigration officers are not aware of it. You have to try it a few times, since october I went to visit USCIS local office every 30 days, each time I had a different officer and last time I went It did the trick for me.

Lastly, If you have not filed your I-90 yet, Do so. Dont wait for too long. Obviously dont forget to consult your attorney regarding this, keep him/her informed. Good Luck and I hope you get your card soon.

Also, The USCIS processing is moronic, they kept saying the same thing to me (that your Biometrics are not uploaded to our system) and when I got my green card, the picture on the card was taken during my first Biometrics (since I-1485 approval).

IMO, It is pure incompetency on the part of the officer handling your case. You (like me ) are just unlucky that your case is being handled by an officer who just doesn't care.

Thanks a lot Sanz72 .

Today I went to ASC for doing my Biometrics although it was scheduled for 15th Jan.
They refused to accept my request to meet the Supervisor for finding why the Biometric taken last 3 times is not in the System.

Thanks

Re: reply to engineering

I am not of the same situation, but had to take the InfoPass for my second EAD renewal (see details in my signature) and when I went to the InfoPass the IO said that I should have received notice for second FP in postal mail and that is why my EAD renewal was not approved.

I informed her that I did not receive any FP notices at the time. The IO filled out a FP appointment by hand and scheduled it for the very next day. I guess I was lucky, as she gave FP appointments for both self & spouse after reviewing my EAD renewal receipts & I-485 receipts. I went for the FP (the next day) and my EAD renewal was approved the following day.

Please try and see if that works for you.

HTH

Which ASC did you go to?
I am in the same situation. Got my picture taken on 12/19/07 and they say they do not have my picture. They rescheduled me again for 01/22/08
The LUD on my 485 also changed on 12/20/07. So, I don't believe that they don't have my picture.
Thanks a lot Sanz72 .

Today I went to ASC for doing my Biometrics although it was scheduled for 15th Jan.
They refused to accept my request to meet the Supervisor for finding why the Biometric taken last 3 times is not in the System.

Thanks

I came to know that my biometrics were sent to VSC instead of NSC as my case had an EAC. They requested it to be transferred and now, NSC has my biometrics.
Same might happen to anybody whose cases have been transferred. Something to keep in mind.