No Green Card or Welcome Notice after getting Immigration visa

smartboy123us

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

My parents obtained an immigration visa in November 2005; they arrived
to USA in December 2005. My mother got a welcome notice within 3 weeks
and green card in total of 4 weeks. But for my father it's been 9
months and we have not received anything.

Here is what i did so far.

- Called USCIS customer service several times, They told me that there
is absolutely no record of my father's status. They don't even have him
in the system. I called multiple times to make sure it's not a user
error, but every time they could not find him in the system either by
name or number. Also they told me to go to local USCIS office to
resolve this.

- I went to local USCIS office in Detroit three times and every time
they told me we will have to wait until 11 months before they can take
any action (like lost visa etc..). Also they told me that they would
give him a temporary green card at that time. Well i went there (local
USCIS office) with my father 4th time, now they told me that they can't
give him any temporary card because he is not in the system. Also they
told me that they will try to find his file and if they can't find it
than i would have to do the entire green card process again for my
father, including filling out all the forms again!!!

Also while all this is happening, my father can't get Driving License,
Can't work, Can't get Social Security Card, and can't
travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently i am waiting for their response on finding my father's file.
I am really confused on what to do now, what are my options? PLEASE
HELP........................................

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sam

Did you apply EAD for your dad. For EAD, they have to give to you after 90 days. Then your dad can apply for SSN and DL, etc.

BTW, how do you know your dad's case is approved. They approved on the spot during the interview? If so, as long as the passport is stamped, that will be fine too.

I think you need to provide more details of your dad's application process before someone can come up any meanful advices.

Horiba,

Sorry for the confusion. My father completed interview and all the process in the Home contry, where he got the Immigration visa.
So technically to get the green card all he has to do it arrive to USA. Which he did, but somehow they lost my father's immigration visa packate, which is needed to issue his green card.
My mother did not had any issue and she received her green card within 4 weeks of their arrival.
I am not sure with is EAD means and why i need that. Since he has already completed everything including Application, interview, fingerprint etc... We should be getting his green card.

Hope this would give you some more info.

Thank you,
Sam

Wow!!! I've never heard anything this ridiculous..

I am appalled you and your family are suffering so much from carelessness on the part of USCIS. What kind of stamp does your father have on his PP - the one from POE? They have to make a note in their system on what visa a person is entering.. so surely they've would have made that note for your father that he entered with an immigrant visa?

Anyway, if USCIS lost the interview packet it is their problem, they have to contact the embassy/consulate that sent the packet and ask them to send it again. Also did you try contacting the consulate where your father was approved with the immigrant visa? Find out how they can help. May be with the fact that your father's in US already and their files indicating he is approved, they can send something to you or USCIS with which you can proceed..

I think you've waited too long. Did you try seeking a congressman's help? I am sure you can resolve this without having to file I-485 for your father. That's a lot of money and the pain of going through collecting docs and all that process all over again. You may want to contact an immigration attorney at least for initial consultation on what needs to be done next.

You may get a response from Ron Gotcher (an immigration attorney) if you post your question here:
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Good luck!

jenimmi,

I know this case is almost unheard and beyond most people's imitation...

Thank you for your response.
Yes, we are going through a lot of pain....
My father passport has a Immigation visa stamp, which says upon entering US this will be a valid green card for one year. Also he has a stamp that says the he entered the US in Decenber 2005.

I like your suggestion, i will try to contact embassy and see if they can help. I am also thinking of getting congressman's help.

Thank you again for your response.
Sam