No FP notice but EAD approved

excelgrad

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys!

Could anyone advice when I will receive FP notice. My EAD has been approved but no FP appt. Could I request for the FP appt, or walk in to any ASC without FP notice. Shall I wait for the FP appt.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my case.

485/140/765 Filed concurrently August 17,2006 at TSC
140 approved Sept 1,2006
765 approved and card ordered Sept 8, 2006
EAD card mailed Sept 13, 2006
EAD card received Sept 15,2006

Excelgrad
485 ---------

Similar situation

Hi,
I think mine is similar situation. I am yet to do my FP but my EAD had an LUD yesterday although it is not an approval.

Can you tell me whether you had an LUD on EAD before it got approved ?

If your EAD was paper filed then I don't think you will get a FP appt.
I efile EADs and I set up an appt right after filing my EAD.

Hope this helps.

I'm also waiting for my FP appointment and my EAD has been approved. The I-485 FP fee receipt notice is clear that you can't schedule your own FP appointment - you have to wait until you receive the FP notice which you need to bring to the ASC. I've had 2 LUD's though on my I-485 in the last three days, so perhaps they've finally sent me the FP notice. My attorney says it can take up to 3 months to receive the FP notice.

EB1India said:
Hi,
I think mine is similar situation. I am yet to do my FP but my EAD had an LUD yesterday although it is not an approval.

Can you tell me whether you had an LUD on EAD before it got approved ?

No, I did not have an LUD on my EAD before approval.

Hi,
I received my EAD card, before I received a notification for FP. FP notification (code 3) arrived about 10 days later. Its been 3 months since I've had FP done, there is no update on the USCIS site.
One cannot walk into the local office without the notice for FP with them. So, you will have to wait for a notice.
Hope this helps.

I got approval for 3 EADs/APs but never asked or appeared for FP neither my family. USCIS knows better.

Hi,

I submitted my I765 online a month after I did my I485. I didn't get any FP notice really to I485. Then, I got FP notice for the I765 (code2) within a week of application. Because the I765 is linked to the 485 will the biometrics then be applicable to both? or will I stil get a notice for FP specifi to the 485??

Fgsilva said:
Hi,

I submitted my I765 online a month after I did my I485. I didn't get any FP notice really to I485. Then, I got FP notice for the I765 (code2) within a week of application. Because the I765 is linked to the 485 will the biometrics then be applicable to both? or will I stil get a notice for FP specifi to the 485??
If they do a Code 3, it'll be good for both.

excelgrad said:
Hello Guys!

Could anyone advice when I will receive FP notice. My EAD has been approved but no FP appt. Could I request for the FP appt, or walk in to any ASC without FP notice. Shall I wait for the FP appt.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my case.

485/140/765 Filed concurrently August 17,2006 at TSC
140 approved Sept 1,2006
765 approved and card ordered Sept 8, 2006
EAD card mailed Sept 13, 2006
EAD card received Sept 15,2006

Excelgrad
485 ---------
Is this possible to get an EAD approved before they take biometrics??? I've been told it can't happen!! Is it because your case is employment-based??

Yes its possible

Yes its possible to get EAD approved before you take the biometrics. I got my spouse EAD before our biometrics. If you apply online for reneval then you get biometrics within a 10 days or so. So just relax :)

Jewel12 said:
Is this possible to get an EAD approved before they take biometrics??? I've been told it can't happen!! Is it because your case is employment-based??

GC_SEP2005 said:
Yes its possible to get EAD approved before you take the biometrics. I got my spouse EAD before our biometrics. If you apply online for reneval then you get biometrics within a 10 days or so. So just relax :)
Wow, thanks for the info, GC_SEP2005!! It makes me feel a lot better :)

Got EAD card ordered, but no FP notice yet !!!

Today I got email that says :

"Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 27, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
"

I have not received the FP yet !!!! Nebraska Center

I-485/765/AP RD : 27 Oct 2006

Songlan, your 765 was approved pretty quick in NSC!!!
when was your EAD approval date before the new card ordered notice?
Also, what's your EB category and priority date?
Thanks