No FP for people younger 14 ?

gsala

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
I know that no fingerprint is required for people younger then 14.

But what if the person was younger then 14 when the
I-485 was submitted, but now is older ?

When we submitted the I-485 , my daughter was 13.
Now she is 15 (almost 16) . In 2003 only myself and my wife were fingerprinted. (Although at that moment my daughter was already 14)

Is the FP requiered or I can expect her approval without FPs ?
Thx in advance

If the child crosses 14 years age while his/her 485 is pending, you need to inform USCIS. They will then schedule fingerprinting for the child.

Hi, nkm-oct23!
Thank you for the answer ...

I need to inform ? That's funny :D :D
They have all the data including the birthdate .
What if I don't inform ?
Will they approve without FP or their algorythm will stuck ? :confused:

I never informed them and my son received his notice. In fact, he got his before my wife and I received ours.

Regards

Rav

My son filed his I-485 at his 13, and now he is 17. TSC sent him Finger Print notice last July and my son completed it the same month. And now TSC officer called us and informed us my son needs to do name check. He said he had no control on the name check. We simply have to wait. Name check may take 3 months to 2 years. I contacted FBI. The response from FBI is the child under 14 doen't need to do name check. I sent the FBI response to the TSC officer who is in charge of my son's case. No response from him yet. I guess TSC has not sent a name check request to FBI.

Now I contacted our congressman and senators for help. They only got the general feedback from TSC and FBI the same as I got from them.

Don