No Fingerprints Needed?

unrooted

Registered Users (C)
Sounds unbelievable nowadays right, but does anybody here know if you can get a green card (conditional or non) without doing the fingerprints?

I have this question because I got a notice of interview but nothing about fingerprints is mentioned and I wonder why.

Thanks for any input.

Give us some more details like when did you applied, when did you received the receipt and all.
Thanks,

I've got interview letter just a few days apart from the fingerprint date,- they arrived almost simultaniously, but the interview is next monday and fingerprints were today, so I don't expect them to have results so fast.

I think it is possible that they are calling people for an interview before they get fingerprint results.

unrooted said:
Sounds unbelievable nowadays right, but does anybody here know if you can get a green card (conditional or non) without doing the fingerprints?

I have this question because I got a notice of interview but nothing about fingerprints is mentioned and I wonder why.

Thanks for any input.

Hello! There is no such things like getting Green Card without taking your fingerprints, unless you are younger then 14 or older then 70.
Like “999” said it is possible to be called for an interview before your FP results are clear, but if you never done them in a first place then you won’t be approve for GC during your interview.
Did you submit your fingerprints fee with the I-485? Did you ever get your receipt with your A# and the instruction, written inside the receipt, to call your nearest application support center and schedule your biometrics/FP appointment?

Those are very helpful questions and I need to ask my attorney because he sent in the apps.
I don't think I have ever paid for fingerprints fee, and there has never been any letter asking me to call for fingerprints.
Thanks again.

Jane Green said:
Did you submit your fingerprints fee with the I-485? Did you ever get your receipt with your A# and the instruction, written inside the receipt, to call your nearest application support center and schedule your biometrics/FP appointment?

Last edited by a moderator:
unrooted said:
I called them, the lady said 'I wouldn't worry something like this'...right.

I sent my package of forms back in February, and it was 2 month before I heard from them at all! My check cleared on Feb. 26th, but by the beginning of April I began to worry and called them.
First they told me it was "strange" and adviced me to get a copy of my cancelled check, to find out the file number which is "supposed to be on the back of it".

Second time they said it was all nonesense, 2 month is nothing unusuall and there are no file number on the back of my check (??).

Few days after that I've got NOA+ EAD appointment scheduled and fingerprint appointment letter all at once, and couple of days after that,- interview appointment letter!

In short,
a) I wouldn't listen too much to what they say
b) I wouldn't worry too much if something takes long, at least not if it is within reason.

Good luck to you at an interview!
Mine is next monday and I will keep you guys posted how it went.

congratulation Guys

Your cases looks moving too fast....congratulations...
What district office you have applied?

Thank You,

999 said:
Good luck to you at an interview!
Mine is next monday and I will keep you guys posted how it went.

Fingers crossed (without fingerprints :D )!!
Best of luck with your interview!

sap12452003 said:
Your cases looks moving too fast....congratulations...
What district office you have applied?

Thank You,

Los Angeles District office.

Thank you both, guys!