No Finger Print notice after filing 485

vcpat

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I have not received finger print notice.
I filed for 485 more than one year back
2/20/03.
Is this normal or should I call IIO
to ask for FP notice.
Does anybody had any experience with
late finger printing.

My case is with VSC

Thanks,
vcpat

Usually after 3~5 month you should receive the FP notice. Call VSC to find out. I think one year is not a normal time frame. Also, it may depend on the scheduling of your local ASC (Application Support Center of BCIS), i.e. where you live may be a factor.

No Finger Print notice after filing 485

Yes it is year 2003.
And I live in Maryland
Is that an issue for not receiving FP notice?

Thanks
Vcpat

FP has no relation to 485 process

My RD is 21 March 2002 and its been more than 1 year since I filed my 485 and I still am waiting for my FP notice. According to my attorney its normal and you will be called for FP before the approval.

Actually its good that I dont have to do the re-FP after 15 months when it expires. HOPE SO

:)

vcpat

I assume you applied for 485 on 2/20/2002, not 2003. If its 2003, one year back does sound correct.

If you applied at VSC, then it is somewhat unusual. My RD is in Feb 2002 and I got my FP notice in April 2002 itself.

If your service center is not VSC, I don't know whether it is usual or unusual.

Now that November approvals are going on at VSC and it is likely that your case will be taken up in 3-5 months time, it is better to call IIO to ensure that your FP notices are not lost in mail. Whenever they take up your case, they don't find your FP in the file and they issue you the FP notice then. The whole process (post Sept 11) is taking more time than what it used to be earlier. So, your approval gets delayed by that much time.

I sincerely suggest you to call IIO and ask about the FP notice. If they haven't issued it, then fine. If it is lost in mail, then you will be happy that you called.

Good luck.

- Bob

vcpat,
It is not normal...now-a-days people are getting within 3 months. But nothing to worry....
But you are not alone in this regard. I am also one of the victims...
I tried couples of times with IIO but of no avail.By the same stretch, some people who called INS got FP notice. . Try your luck by calling INS as you don't lose anything.

-rajum

Thanks a lot
bbbishop and Rajum for your insights.
I will try to call VSC center
Thanks vcpat

Just spoke with IIO regarding FP

I got lucky in third attempt to get IIO online
I was on hold for 3-4 minutes

She was nice and told that FP notice of my
wife and myself has been mailed out two days back.

She checked our address

Thanks everybody for your help which prompted me to call
IIO

Thanks,
vcpat