No Exp. letter because not on Payroll

nwa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I came to USA with company X. Since I didn't have a project for first two months with company X, I joined company Y. Now I want to apply for I-140, for which I need experience letter from company X. But company X is not giving me experience letter saying that if USCIS asked for the proof of my employment with them(company X), they won't be able to provide it because I was not on there payroll, since I didn't have a project.
Can any one advice me, how should I get the exp. letter or is there any other way to show that I was with company X?

Thanks in advace.

I am not sure if you can do this since you were not on payroll. I thought it might help. On some postings, it stated that Ex-colleagues can sign the experience letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
nwa said:
Hi,
I came to USA with company X. Since I didn't have a project for first two months with company X, I joined company Y. Now I want to apply for I-140, for which I need experience letter from company X. But company X is not giving me experience letter saying that if USCIS asked for the proof of my employment with them(company X), they won't be able to provide it because I was not on there payroll, since I didn't have a project.
Can any one advice me, how should I get the exp. letter or is there any other way to show that I was with company X?

Thanks in advace.

nwa,
If you were not in payroll for comapny x , then the best thing to do is avoid claiming that experience. because even if you manage to get experience letters from your ex-colleagues you will be in big trouble if USCIS requests for further evidence regarding employment at company x.

so the question here is, do you really need to claim that experience? I mean
what does the minimum requirements column say in your labor application?

in other words will you fall short of experience mentioned in labor if you don't claim 2 months of experience at company x?

if your answer is no then just forget about company x and don't even bother about proving exp' letter for company x along with I-140.

again this is just my opinion.

consult your lawyer for best approach.

hope this helps
all the best :)

Last edited by a moderator: