No Entry Stamp When Landed In Islamabad

zam1

I have a slight problem in that I travelled to Pakistan 2 months ago (I am a British citizen and I have a British Passport) after getting a visa from the Pakistan consulate in Manchester. My visa was for a stay of 3 months with an expiration date of 6 months from date of issue.

I decided to travel not on a return ticket as I did not know how long I was goind to reside. I came on PIA but now have booked for a ticket back on Airblue.

My British Passport was a new adult passport, issued from Liverpool in March of this year.

My problem is that I have just noticed no entry or exit stamps on my passport and this has got me worried.

Please could someone tell me what (if) stamps should be on my passport.

1) Should I not have had exit stamp from Manchester (out of the UK)?
2) Should there be an entry stamp when landed in Islamabad?
3) What complications could arise when I get to airports in Islamabad and UK?

Hi! You should not have any problems as long as you are a UK Citizen and you have a geniune UK passport. It often happens especially at Islamabad airport where the queues get very long when 2 flights arrive simultaneously, that the immigration officers just cannot cope nor do they have the room to hold all the arrivals that they simply let people through especially those who look like they are pakistani or of pakistani origin.

1. You dont normally get exit or entry stamps on UK passports when leaving or entering the UK
2. There should normally be an entry stamp when landing at Islamabad, but this is not critical as long as you keep your flight and ticket details etc of entry at hand, unless you have to prove you were in the country example paternity
3. Normally there will be no complication at the UK airport, however officials at the Pakistan airport may raise a hoo haa to try to get money out of you especially if you are a dual or pakistani by descent make sure you have your overseas pakistani travellers card with you if you have one.

Good Luck

A1: No exit passport control in the UK anymore, used to be there until the late 1990s
A2: I am pretty sure the OP was photographed upon entry at Islamabad
A3: OP was not travelling on POC/NICOP. He had a tourist visa.

1. You dont normally get exit or entry stamps on UK passports when leaving or entering the UK
2. There should normally be an entry stamp when landing at Islamabad, but this is not critical as long as you keep your flight and ticket details etc of entry at hand, unless you have to prove you were in the country example paternity
3. Normally there will be no complication at the UK airport, however officials at the Pakistan airport may raise a hoo haa to try to get money out of you especially if you are a dual or pakistani by descent make sure you have your overseas pakistani travellers card with you if you have one.

Good Luck