No EB3 visa numbers till October

udacha6

Registered Users (C)
I was at the interview today and was told that even though I am approvable they can't stamp my passport because the EB3 visa pool is dry. I am not from the affected countries and my PD is 1998, but evidently it doesn't matter as all visas have been used (27% of the overall employment-based number for the full year).

udacha6 said:
I was at the interview today and was told that even though I am approvable they can't stamp my passport because the EB3 visa pool is dry. I am not from the affected countries and my PD is 1998, but evidently it doesn't matter as all visas have been used (27% of the overall employment-based number for the full year).
This is really old news ;) Where were you hiding this past month & a half ? :D

The news of EB3 becoming unavailable worldwide was first made official around 13th of June or so. (in the July bulletin)

Good news for you is that you'll get your final approval right after Oct 1st -- so the end is definitely in sight for you :) -- Congrats for that !!

BTW, can I ask you why your case took so long ? I mean a PD in 1998 and your 485 is just now getting approved ?
Can you post your timelines ?

After 485 interview

After formal Q&A session the interviewer told me about the unavialability of visa number, he added "you will hear from us as soon as the visa number is available in october may be late september. You dont have to come here again unless you want to". does that mean, right after october 1st they will be sending approvals? what is it for me to leave the employer at this point. now tthat INS has interviewed me what is it left for them to look over the case?
Any expertise feed back is appreciated