No EB3 cases approved why?

w a

Registered Users (C)
just curious, i have seen a lot less EB3 cases than EB2 cases on this site where people say they got their AD. Are there any popele out there which are EB3 and who are getting the AD on par with EB2 people. My understanding was EB category doesnt matter after application for 485

The PDs for EB3 india was not current from Ap\'00 to Jan\'01

Hence there were very few EB3 applications between Ap\'00- jan\'01.After Jan \'01 there would be EB3 applications,since the PD\'s started rolling forward till Jun\'01 when it became current.

possible reason

I had the same concern as a fellow EB3-er.

I\'ve been told the reason there are few EB3 approvals is because at the time of filing I-485 (Fall 2000) the EB3 dates for India & China were not current, so there are very few people filing for I-485 at that time in EB3 category (most of them got through in the Aug99-Mar00 timeframe when all dates were current). That\'s why you see mostly EB2 approvals, or EB3 OTHER (since they have no quota on priority date).

EB3 INDIA PD 7/96 ND 11/2/00 FP 02/01 waiting...

Waiting too

Hi ABC,

I was shocked to see your PD. My PD is 04/97 and I used to think that was bad !!! Good luck my friend !!!!

that makes sense

that makes good sense, looks like with the current scenario A B C you should get urs by the year end eh? my RD is may end and ND is horribly far at early august. hopefully i should get it by may 02. thnx for the input. i appreciate it.

talking about bad PD\'s here is one

PD - Nov. 96

I-485 info
RD 12/26/00
ND 01/03/01
EAC-01-071-XXXXX
still waiting

PK

All is well that ends well

I sure hope that all this ends quickly. It is so pathetic to read postings from people with Priority Dates like Dec-1999 etc. who say things like "the ordeal is over" !!!

really old PD...

Hi all,

Thanks for the good wishes and sympathy about my PD. Took almost 4 years to get my LC.

I applied for Labor Certification before RIR was available, then my LC got lost in NJ SESA/NY DOL. Finally I got my LC in Spring 2000, I-140 approved summer 2000, then I didn\'t get my I-485 in until October and got ND of 11/2/00.

According to an IIO (called 10/12) it will be another 1-2 weeks. Prior to that I called 9/4 and was told 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed...

There is difference betwwen EB3 and EB2

I applied for GC in Nov 1997. India EB3
Applied for 485 in Mar 2000
FP in 03/2001
RFE in July 2001

I spoke to IIO on 10/5, she said 3-4 weeks. Before that I spoke to IIO on Sep 20 she said 2-3 weeks.

So I think when you ask for time, 3-4 week is typical awnser for everyone. I am sure When we will call back in 3-4 weeks we will get the same awnser. This are not the people who are sitting with your file. I have seen my friends who applied for 485 with me, they were approved in April 2001. 3 of them. So THere is difference between EB2 and EB3.

Avi

No Title

Avijha,

You are wrong. once you apply for I485 it does not matter if it is EB3 or EB2.

Mr. Khanna has clarified on this issue long back.