No EB3 Approvals with PD between Jun - Dec 2000 at VSC????

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
It's true so far - I have'nt come across any approvals of such cases atleast for the past 6 months - I fall in this group too - and am very concerned as to why VSC is targeting only these cases whose PDs are between Jun-Dec 2000???? Can anyone please explain..

If anyone else has PDs in-between and have gotten approvals then please post....

I am also worried

Aakash28,
Please see my signature (PD is March 1999). I am well behind and eligible in all aspects (Priority Date, 485 RD, ND etc). Don't what VSC is doing. I am told that my 485 is pending on "security check" since 7/14/05. Only God knows when security check is cleared !!!

Aakash28 said:
It's true so far - I have'nt come across any approvals of such cases atleast for the past 6 months - I fall in this group too - and am very concerned as to why VSC is targeting only these cases whose PDs are between Jun-Dec 2000???? Can anyone please explain..

If anyone else has PDs in-between and have gotten approvals then please post....

sree2005 said:
Aakash28,
Please see my signature (PD is March 1999). I am well behind and eligible in all aspects (Priority Date, 485 RD, ND etc). Don't what VSC is doing. I am told that my 485 is pending on "security check" since 7/14/05. Only God knows when security check is cleared !!!

Hello sree2005, Your case is different from the cases that I am referring to over here. Your I-485 RD is 06/21/05 and VSC processing dates for I-485 has just been changed couple of days back to 06/26/2005. And you have already been told that your security check is pending. From what I think you might get approved pretty soon anytime within the next month - as soon as your security check clears (which might happen pretty soon).

Where as the cases that I am referring to over here are those that have PDs specifically between Jul-Dec 2000 - None of them seem to have been approved even if there is no name-check/security check pending.

Same Baot here -- but they sayd FBI name check is pending

I really dont know what to do. More and more it looks as if I will have to start the FOIPA/Senator/Congressman dance if I want to see any progress in my case.

Also, I think the FBI name check is pending for most folks with the PD you have mentioned. Most of us are beign told that the FBI name check has not returned... Folks before that range and folks after that range have been cleared...God only knows why theis set is being targetted. good luck everyone

Just to let you guys know,
My PD is July 2000, EB3, VSC. i had Interview at Newark DO in Aug 2005 and that time PD was not current. After PD was current for July 2000 in March 2006, I went to Newark office in April to enquire about my status by taking infopass. I was stamped I-551 as the case was approved on March 22, 2006.
However, till now, i have not recieved the physical Card or Approval letter.
I was told by the stamping officer, it may take 3 to 4 months for everything to be updated on the VSC database.

unitednations said:
One of the companies; whom I know which was "selling" labor certs with priority dates pre 2000 like they were popcorn is one of those companies that was singled out by programmersguild.org.
That could be the issue.

I do not think that is the case with my company though - as some of my colleagues who also had EB2 Lab sub. got approved - also the ones with EB3 lab. sub with PD before 2000 or after 2000 got approved. Had an RFE almost a year back on I-140 regarding Company's ability to pay - but that had been taken care of long time back and also had I-140 approved.

Could you please suggest what other possible reason there might be for VSC (and it's only VSC not other Service Centers) to target EB3 case with PDs bet. Jul-Dec 2000.

anukar said:
Just to let you guys know,
My PD is July 2000, EB3, VSC. i had Interview at Newark DO in Aug 2005 and that time PD was not current. After PD was current for July 2000 in March 2006, I went to Newark office in April to enquire about my status by taking infopass. I was stamped I-551 as the case was approved on March 22, 2006.
However, till now, i have not recieved the physical Card or Approval letter.
I was told by the stamping officer, it may take 3 to 4 months for everything to be updated on the VSC database.

Your case seems to be a bit odd! And it's a bit different - You actually seem to made it through because you had an interview last year before retrogression was implemented. I bet there is'nt a single such case where any of the EB3s (cases that I have been referring to with PDs bet July - Dec 2000) has been called in past 6 months for an interview.

By the way can you please tell us what message changes have happened online from the time you had your interview to uptil now? And what's the online message on your I-485 at this time?

Thanks

There is no change in LUDs or Message since the file was transferred to Interview in Jan 2005. "Your file is transferred to Newak office for interview ..."

My PD is May 2000 and receipt date is EB3 Oct 2004. My LUD has not changed since aug 2005. Same thing, background check not complete.

unitednations said:
Akash, from your posting; it looks like your sponsor was filing many labor substitutions.....
Let's assume that there is something up with my company.... but then how would you explain non-approvals of all the other EB3 filers with PD bet Jul-Dec 2000 at VSC. I have'nt seen any of these approvals for the past 6 months.

Thanks

UnitedNations,

please clarify me.
I-140 approves based on Original or Copy of Labor, If I-140 approved and 485 pending due to the name check pending means, INS checking further about the company ?

Thanks
BunnyGC

unitednations said:
99% of those cases are labor substitution.

But then why are they specifically targeting this period (Jul-Dec 2000) - I have seen many EB3 lab sub. approvals with PD in 1998/1999 before Jul 2000 during the past 6 months?

unitednations said:
You wanted to know possible causes; I am giving you what they could be.
Vermont sent many rfe's/noir's to companies from February of this year for companies who fit this pattern.

Thanks unitednations, and I really appreciate it. Have been trying to figure out the answer to my question for over 5 months now (since my PD became current). Did nothing wrong from my side. Have been working for this Company for over 3 years now.

About VSC sending RFE's/NOID's to the companies - would this be the same as RFE on I-485? So incase VSC send's an RFE to my company - would this mean and RFE on my I-485 and would this show up on my online status?

Can I assume that as long as my online status does'nt show up any RFE related messages that my Company is'nt one of the Companies that fit the pattern you mentioned above?

I am willing to wait much more than getting a denial or an RFE at this stage on my I-485 because of my Company.

Aakash28,

Did you find out that your name check is completed or not ?
FBI Name Check is the biggest hurdle now a days if PD is current.

thanks
BunnyGC

BunnyGC said:
Aakash28,

Did you find out that your name check is completed or not ?
FBI Name Check is the biggest hurdle now a days if PD is current.

thanks
BunnyGC

Actually I do not know whether my case is stuck in name-check or not. I just made a status inquiry last week - so would be waiting to hear a reply from INS sometime before the end of the month. I am also thinking of writing a letter to the state senator.

Physical green card torture at Newark local office

anukar,
I almost in the same boat as yours... My case was transferred to Newark local office.I had my I-551 stamping in august 2005. I went to the local office couple of times to enquire abt the card. But they told me it takes upto 1 year.

Today i went to get the stamping for 1 more year as my current stamping expires on 08/18/06. The guy said he can't trace my file. He said he will look into it and would mail me a letter with an appointment. He would then give the stamping, take a picture and start the processing for the physical card.

God knows what they have been doing all along...And i don't what happened to my file. The online status still shows "Case is transferred to Newark..", and when i call the 1-800 number they say that my file is still in Newark...

I know a few other people who got stamped at Newark, are waiting for the physical cards for a long time..

Aakash28 said:
Any EB3 approvals with PD bet. Jun - Dec 2000 at VSC???

Folks...I am one of those who fall under june 2000 PD case...still waiting for 485 approval....any one having success recently?.

PD - june/2000 (LAB. SUB)
i140 approved - Apr 2005
EAD /FP - May 2005