No decision at interview, aos has been pendig for more then 6 months

leeron1

Registered Users (C)
We had our AOS interview (marriage based) almost more than 6 months ago.

My USC wife is 20 years older than I am, but she really looks way younger than she is. You can't tell that there's a an age gap between us, because she's a hot very beautiful girl (with a perfect body and a cute beautiful face. All single men would like to have a girlfriend/wife like her, and most of the girls in their 20s would be happy if they were as hot as she is).

Our interviewer was a sweetheart, our interview was kinda informal, she didn't even ask questions that suggest that she doubt that our marriage was real, just how we met, what we do for living, a few questions on the 485 form about public welfare etc. She also looked through our photo album (we had about 40 pics, we brought only the ones that we're both on 'em) The whole process took about 30 minutes. She left the room for about 5 mins with my passport and our drivers licenses, she took my I-94, all copies of the evidences we brought (joint lease, joint saving and checking accounts, joint utility bills, car insurance policies with both of us on 'em, airplane boarding passes, greeting cards from my parents etc.) and after she came back she told us honestly that she was concerned about the age gap, and needed more time for a decision. That's totally understood, because of the age gap, plus we have been married more then 2 years, so she has to give me the unconditional GC. She gave my passport and our IDs back, but she kept my I-94 and the copies of the evidences. She wrote down my cell phone number. She asked if I got my EAD yet, and I told her I didn't, and she was so kind that she came down with us to the first floor to get my EAD card right away. Unfortunately they were closed, so they couldn't give me the EAD at that time. We thanked her and said goodbye, and we haven't heard anything about our case ever since.

I checked the online status, and our 485 changed to "An interview was conducted in this case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete." 3 days after the interview, and the 485 and 130 were touched again a day later, but their statuses didn't change that time.

We haven't received any letters about our case yet, and we started to worry what takes that long. (everyone gets answers right on the spot, or gets mails a few days after the interview)

We had 2 infopasses and the only thing they could tell us was that the case is being reviewed and we would get a decision once it's completed. We sent 2 inquiries to the IO, and one to the supervisor but we haven't got any reply. I have come to a point when I started to worry what is going on. I don't understand what takes that long and when my case will be adjudicated. I really have to go back to my home country for an emergency situation, and I have no idea when I will be able to do that. I think I waited enough time patiently, I don't really know what to do at this point. I know for sure that my NC has cleared because they told me at the infopass apt.

oh man, i am so sorry...
i wish i could be a help...
my wife is 15 years older then me and we didn't have our interview yet.
i think INS might give us a hard time too...

people write a lot of stories here. the point is you shouldn't be worrying if your marriage is "true" and your are in love.

anyways, dude i wish you luck and take it easy....

if it is not a secret what is your DO?
let us posted how's things going....

mine is still pending, interview was conducted last december 15, 2006. The IO told us we need a second interview but we have not received our schedule yet.

just pray and evrything would be fine. get your strength from your wife and through prayers!

camster said:
mine is still pending, interview was conducted last december 15, 2006. The IO told us we need a second interview but we have not received our schedule yet.

just pray and evrything would be fine. get your strength from your wife and through prayers!

how's going camster?
you and your wife have an age gap too?