No decision at end of interview

gczgribulici

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I had my interview this morning, the officer seemed nice, we answered her questions well, there was nothing that felt out of place, and at the end of it she said she'll look over the file this afternoon and take a decision and mail it to us - is this common at all? We don't really know what to expect... Did anybody have a similar experience? Thanks for sharing/advice.

Could you please let us know what questions were you asked, I will have my interview in Chicago, too.
I hear it's pretty normal they don't make decision during the interview, sometimes they need their supervisor to approve the case, sometimes they make decisions once a week (i.e. Friday) about all the cases from that week. I think you will hear something soon, let us know!

First she asked to see our IDs (passports and drivers licenses) and our birth certificates. The interview was pretty casual, the IO alternated between asking my husband our address, my date of birth, the date we got married, about his current job/graduate school and prospects, how we met, and going through a printed list of "criminal" questions for me to which the obvious answer is "no", she asked how long I've still got in grad school, asked to see pictures and we explained what the different events the pics were taken were, then she asked for supporting evidence (copies mostly) for our union (bank accounts, car title, insurance, utilities bills, flight itineraries...).

I wasn't aware that it's possible to not get an answer right away - is that part of a policy? From my experience with USCIS though, all seems so open-ended and nothing seems impossible...!

Thank you! From what I have been reading, it is pretty rare that you have answer right away after the interview. So don't worry, your situation is nothing out of the ordinary! Keepeng my fingers crossed for a quick approval!

A good friend of mine also had her interview at the Chicago office and they didn't give her a final decision at the end of it either. The mailed them the card about a month after the interview. So don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Thanks, guys! That makes me feel better. I was hoping they'd update my case status online before mailing me their decision (hopefully the GC itself!) - now I just wonder how long it'll be before I hear anything from them... They didn't mention anything about a background check at the interview, I hope that means that there isn't one that I'm stuck in. I'm trying not to think much about it, since there isn't really anything I can do but wait at this point...