No change in my status, Spouse's EAD approved!!!

chatterjee1

Registered Users (C)
To the regulars here, pls throw some light.......Dont know what to make of this!!!!
Our 485 is pending at TSC. Our (both primary and derivative ) APs got approved on 04/10/07 after FP on 04/07/07. Today my spouse's EAD got approved. No LUD or change in status on my case(primary) though. Does this happen often or should I call to find out what' happening. Pls respond and let me know. Thanks a lot.

To Eb1 query:
Not really except that my spouse's EAD card was mailed from TSC on 05/03. No change in my status. Dont know what to make out of this , attorney says its OK but then you can never be too sure with the attorneys..

We recently received APs on consecutive days without any LUD or CRIS email notification, two weeks after FP (1-485) concurrently filed, and this is without I-140 approval. No word yet on EAD.

To Eb1 query:
Not really except that my spouse's EAD card was mailed from TSC on 05/03. No change in my status. Dont know what to make out of this , attorney says its OK but then you can never be too sure with the attorneys..

We both got LUDs on our I-765. Now it says card production has been ordered for both. So I guess, EAD's approved for us.

EAD approved

Just an update, both the primary and derivative EAD arrived in mail today, a week after AP's were approved. I did not see any LUD's or receive any CRIS email notification.

What is particularly deceptive about this is that the attached mailer says "welcome to the United States--A guide for new Immigrants," which would lead you to believe that everything is all set and your GC will approved shortly, but unfortuantely there seems to be no connection whatsoever between 1-140 and 1-485 approval, and AP and EAD. Besides, it is better to be on H1 than on AP or EAD, but here it is...

I-765 for Derivative Applicant (Spouse): While I am Primary Applicant

03/29/2007: EAD application e-filed, support doc sent next day.
03/29/2007: Application Recvd & Pending.
04/26/2007: Biometrics Code 2, FP for EAD even though we already had FP for 485 on 3/17/2007..............................AGAIN HHMMM
05/06/2007: LUD & msg changed: "Card Production Ordered"
05/07/2007: Approval Notice Sent
05/08/2007: Approval Notice Sent (LUD but not msg change)

No LUD in Primary Applicants 485.

So I think it is not a big deal or anything to worry about. It is usual USCIS's way of handling cases, no unifromity.

To the regulars here, pls throw some light.......Dont know what to make of this!!!!
Our 485 is pending at TSC. Our (both primary and derivative ) APs got approved on 04/10/07 after FP on 04/07/07. Today my spouse's EAD got approved. No LUD or change in status on my case(primary) though. Does this happen often or should I call to find out what' happening. Pls respond and let me know. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update on my case. Finally I had a LUD on my EAD on 05/09 and today got the email that card production has been ordered. Thanks to everyone for responding to my question. You guys are the best!!!

Just an update on my case. Finally I had a LUD on my EAD on 05/09 and today got the email that card production has been ordered. Thanks to everyone for responding to my question. You guys are the best!!!

Great!! You will also get emails within couple of days that your case has been approved (which is obvious since card production ordered) and approval notice sent....

Your timeline is very similar to ours. hopefully the I-485 approval will come soon...

hi chatterjee1,
congrats- you got it!! great job.
what is the received date of your EAD? I have not heard anything for my spouse EAD since I filed 0n 02/24/07. I did not file for my EAD. Any suggestions. thanks a lot

To 2006Hunter,
Our RD is 03/21/07. I read in the 485 forum that beyond 70 days of your RD, you shd call TSC and also take infopass to talk to the local office. While they may not be helpful and volunteer any information, what happens is that once you do so, your case becomes live and they do approve it very soon after that. Infact, I have read that guys got approved anywhere from 1day to 10 days after that. I was going to try that in case I had not heard anything till abt 70 days. I also read somewhere that USCIS encourages inquiring after 70 days so that they can adjucate the case by 90 days now that they have gotten rid of interim EADs. Try meeting someone at the local office and also read up in the 485 forum, EAD subsection, you will find many success stories after the infopass after long EAD wait. All the best and keep us updated.

To eb1aquery: 485 approval is another ballgame. God only knows whats going on there!!! Looks like very few people are able to escape the name check blackhole....

DOes that work even when you are NOT yet in their processing dates published on line ?? Please reply as I am in same category as you, so we can work out our cases together.

Also let me know when I call TSC say what . They wont file enquiry since our case in NOT in NOW processing date.

To 2006Hunter,
Our RD is 03/21/07. I read in the 485 forum that beyond 70 days of your RD, you shd call TSC and also take infopass to talk to the local office. While they may not be helpful and volunteer any information, what happens is that once you do so, your case becomes live and they do approve it very soon after that. Infact, I have read that guys got approved anywhere from 1day to 10 days after that. I was going to try that in case I had not heard anything till abt 70 days. I also read somewhere that USCIS encourages inquiring after 70 days so that they can adjucate the case by 90 days now that they have gotten rid of interim EADs. Try meeting someone at the local office and also read up in the 485 forum, EAD subsection, you will find many success stories after the infopass after long EAD wait. All the best and keep us updated.

To eb1aquery: 485 approval is another ballgame. God only knows whats going on there!!! Looks like very few people are able to escape the name check blackhole....

Seems they sent you wrong document which normally comes along with GC.
Just an update, both the primary and derivative EAD arrived in mail today, a week after AP's were approved. I did not see any LUD's or receive any CRIS email notification.

What is particularly deceptive about this is that the attached mailer says "welcome to the United States--A guide for new Immigrants," which would lead you to believe that everything is all set and your GC will approved shortly, but unfortuantely there seems to be no connection whatsoever between 1-140 and 1-485 approval, and AP and EAD. Besides, it is better to be on H1 than on AP or EAD, but here it is...

Your case i very similar to my EB-1A. (See my sig) Any progress there? I am planning to bother them by mailing a requet to process my 485 based on NC information given to me by TSC officer. I dont know whether it would be worth but maybe if it works then would be wortha shot. Most probably I would get a reply that you case is outside processing date ect. What do you think. ANd what do you think about chatterji's comment son bothering them to process our 485 after 70 days have elapsed?

hi chatterjee1,
congrats- you got it!! great job.
what is the received date of your EAD? I have not heard anything for my spouse EAD since I filed 0n 02/24/07. I did not file for my EAD. Any suggestions. thanks a lot

To Mogambo:
I was referring to calling them after 70 days for EAD. Doubtful if it would work for 485 but in your case, your name check is clear and your PD is current so you never know, it may help for you to do something about it. Good Luck and let us know

Hi mogambo1,
i called three times. two times they did not answer my questions, and told me to look at the processing dates. the problem is that it is very difficult to put stress on these people. they are so arogant and tell what ever come to their lazy mind. going to call them as chatterji suggested. keep patience. i am from India too.

Your case i very similar to my EB-1A. (See my sig) Any progress there? I am planning to bother them by mailing a requet to process my 485 based on NC information given to me by TSC officer. I dont know whether it would be worth but maybe if it works then would be wortha shot. Most probably I would get a reply that you case is outside processing date ect. What do you think. ANd what do you think about chatterji's comment son bothering them to process our 485 after 70 days have elapsed?

thank you chatterjee1,
i am going to call now.

To 2006Hunter,

hi chatterjee1,
i called TSC but they are saying that now jan-07 processing is going on. could you please tell me how to get infopass to talk with local office. thanks for your help,

To 2006Hunter,

Go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and click on infopass at the lower left hand side corner of the page. Good Luck. Did you apply for EAD together and get approved ? In that case, even if the processing time is different from your RD, they are still supposed to give you information on the cases not approved but applied together.

And when applying for infopass, I read somewhere that if you click on the option on more information on EAD it doesn't give you the appointment, instead click on the option on "need more information on pending case". Good Luck and I hope you get the EAD v soon. I know how frustrating it is when we sit in the dark....

Last edited by a moderator: